Christian Weddings
Options

Confession

This is silly, but I started my registry and I'm really excited about it. It's one of the things I've been most looking forward to as far as wedding planning goes. My wedding is so far off and I don't want to tell anybody yet. I'm a dork I know.Smile Am I crazy for starting it so soon? I know most of the stuff will be discontinued, but I just wanted to go ahead and start it. Ok, enough of my ramblings.

Anybody else have a confession?

Re: Confession

• Options
    edited December 2011
    hahaha. you are amazing for doing confession tuesdays this week...so i have been gone!!! (; (: amazing! lol. 

dont worry about being excited about registry! it is exciting....and even IF it is discontinued its still soooo much fun to look around!!!

i confess that it was really really nice to just relax this weekend and not do anything! i got a lot of thinking done and had a great conversation with my FMIL. also i changed my colors!!! (:
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It's okay! Registries are so fun! You can always update it later. 
  • Options
    DramaGeekDramaGeek member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I can totally see why you'd be excited to have it done, and I think you'll make it easier for your families for gift giving events, but since your wedding is so far out you'll have to really watch it.  Things get discontinued regularly; we had our registery for less than 6 months and had many things discontinued.  If that happens you'll need to choose something else to replace it.  Personally, I'd wait until Thanksgiving or so of this year and update it so everyone has good options for Christmas.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    we loved registering too :)
    except we had to find different place settings cuz our originals were discontinued, but i guess its for the better since FI likes the new ones better anyway.

i confess that i just want to fast forward the next 3 weeks till graduation, and that i never want to hear about bridesmaid dresses again, and that i'm stressing about our officiant issue...ugh.
  • Options
    kitkat610kitkat610 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Registries are fun!

I confess that I am really unhappy to be leaving tomorrow. I am so ready to be done with the awkwardness at work but I am going to miss my coworkers and friends in Texas so much!
  • Options
    iamjoesgurliamjoesgurl member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I confess that I judge most of the people who park in our handicap parking spots at work.  I feel like a lot of them are using someone else's handicap tag to park closer to the building.  I think they are just lazy.  (My dad is truly handicapped so that is probably part of the reason it bothers me so much.)

Have fun registering!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_confession-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:cacb3a89-51af-4941-800f-efc5cc2dc891Post:f146190b-324b-4c77-85fa-62d59e5ea4be">Confession</a>:
    [QUOTE]This is silly, but I started my registry and I'm really excited about it. It's one of the things I've been most looking forward to as far as wedding planning goes. My wedding is so far off and I don't want to tell anybody yet. I'm a dork I know.  Am I crazy for starting it so soon? I know most of the stuff will be discontinued, but I just wanted to go ahead and start it. Ok, enough of my ramblings. Anybody else have a confession?
    Posted by Purple&7[/QUOTE]
    I started my registries when I was almost exactly as far out as you are.  And while some things did get discontinued, I just watched it closely and changed things out as I needed to.  Honestly, I'm glad I got it done early because it's one less thing to have to worry about.
    image imageimage image

My Blog

Anniversary

100/100 books read in 2012
    17/100 books read in 2013
  • Options
    heyimbrenheyimbren member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Exciting! I love looking at my friends' registries actually. I'm curious to see what they pick out.

But do keep on eye on it. And don't get your heart set on anything so far out that it could be discontinued. I had a friend pick out all of her dishes and serving plates, and they were all discontinued before her first shower so she has to go pick out new stuff. It's things like that you need to watch more since they tend to be more seasonal.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We registered pretty far out and the registry actually sends you an email when something gets discontinued. We only had 2 items get discontinued. Your tastes may change too as time goes on. :) It's definitely a fun thing to do!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards