Washington-Seattle
Options

RSVPs

Look at my RSVP ticker.  I'm not happy.  Nuff said. 

Is this normal??
Family fall photo session with Ashley Hoyle Photography
Married 7/10/10
Wedding Planning Bio - Updated 6/13/2010
Anniversary

Re: RSVPs

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm not happy with mine either.  I didn't get any in the mail today!  And I've only been getting like, 1 per day before that.  Wtf people, we couldn't make it any easier!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Seriously.  I'm starting to side with Emily Post saying when you send an invite to not include stamps for returning the RSVP.  What a freaking waste.
    Married 7/10/10
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    wow. sadface :(. now I understand why all those RSVP services advertise that they will call and nag the people who don't send theirs in...

1st year anniversary in Victoria with a killer whale topiary!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    yep... i was thinkin the same thing...

almost my whole side has rsvp'd but nothing from the other. well 2 actually. i'm getting nervous a TON of people will show up who weren't actually invited and or accounted for. We'd love to have all of FI's family but we need to know whose comin..

You should really start calling this week! And post stuff on FB if you have a lot of family members as friends. That def worked for me. GL!
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker we're having twins!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I want to post on FB but FI doesn't want me to. Yell
    Married 7/10/10
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    wow! im sorry :(  i think i agree with pp now, i was thinking maybe i should do the postage, but maybe not if that many people dont return them!  i guess start calling, although thats not gonna be fun :(
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My numbers are very similar.  I don't quite understand why people wait until the last minute...the majority of our guests know if they're coming or not. 

There are a few of FI's coworkers that I'm not sure about so I'd like to get a yes or no.  Some friends and family that I know from word of mouth - please just let me know what you'd like to eat!

I hear that some roll in at the last minute, so you really shouldn't start calling people until your response date has passed

Also, when I first started receiving "no's"...I felt it was so cold.  Not that I really expected those people to come, but it just felt cold.  For future reference, if I ever can't make it to a wedding...I am going to add a note saying how sorry I am to decline!!  I have had two personal notes from people telling me how excited they are to be coming so that was fun!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ooh that sucks, im gonna think about skipping the stamps on the rsvp too. Im guilty about being late on sending rsvp's back, i bet im gonna get the karma back.
  • Options
    jennlinjennlin member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i ended up writing an fbook note and tagging people that didn't rsvp. but it was getting extreme. we literally couldn't get a hold of FIL's friend until 3 days before the wedding. UGH.
    ♥ bfp2 02/15/2012 ♥ edd 10/23/2013 ♥
    ♥ bfp1 06/14/2011 ♥ edd 02/22/2012 ♥
    ♥ baby jennlin born on 02/15/2012 ♥

who says you can only wear your wedding dress once?

honeymoon biomarried bioplanning bio
    jumped ship to the new and improved nest. back to TB for baby boards.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Do you have emails? I tried to collect the email addresses with addresses in case... Hope it gets better! 

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Tygirl - unfortunately, it's looking pretty normal. :( At least you have about a week until your date is up! Mine is passed and I still have at least a third with no sort of response. I easily  handed FI's family side to his mom and she's checking on them for me and just emailing the answers so I can update my spreadsheet. :)  Unfortunately, I'm going to have to either call my Dad's side or just hope/guess they aren't coming. As for our friends, yeah, a couple slackers there and I've been harassing them via email and FB.
    Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • Options
    carrieoz_76carrieoz_76 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You know, they say the response rate for online RSVPs is low, but maybe it's just that the response rate for ANY RSVP is low, whether paper or online.

I'd go with email rather than fb.  That's what got me to RSVP to a friend's wedding when I'd told her I was going, but hadn't RSVPed yet.
  • Options
    jennuinnejennuinne member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Just bought stamps.  I'm gonna be pissed if no one sends them back!  Having a hard enough time just getting FI's friends and fam to get us addresses.  Ugh.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, I'm going to wait until a couple days after the RSVP date before I start harassing.  Just annoying that you even have to.  I'm about to hire a freaking bouncer and kick out anyone who shows up who didn't RSVP.  I'm that annoyed.

KST - that SUCKS!  :(  I'm sorry.  Want me to show up at some people's front door with brass rings on each finger? ;)
    Married 7/10/10
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    LOL - nah, hows about just hanging out AT the wedding and reception with brass rings to keep out anyone who didn't RSVP. Noel asked me if I had a bouncer. No...do I really need one?
    Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I totally can do that!  Heaven knows I'll likely be wound up so tight by then that I'll need a way to relieve some of the stress! :D
    Married 7/10/10
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, I still have a few that didn't send theirs back. And another third just RSVP'd by phone or email, so wasted stamp.
    The ones that are left I have emailed and some of them are my guests plus ones. I'm giving them till the end of the month to bring a date, then they're solo!
    Others, I have no clue what they're doing. It is frustrating.
    Married 7/17/2010 Photobucket PersonalMilestone
  • Options
    mergatormergator member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sorry to all of you traditional mail in the rsvp brides, but I went with an online RSVP and have had about half of those invited RSVP already, and the deadline is still a month away. I really think the online rsvp is the way to go...people are online all the time, and it's just a few clicks and you're done. Plus it's super easy to send reminders via email in a few weeks when the time comes.  Online keeps track of everything for me too, it's been awesome. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards