Christian Weddings
Options

XP: Bridal Portrait Today (PIP)

I just got back a few "sneak peeks" from my portrait session earlier and am so excited! I decided to go with the veil last minute (on Monday), and my mom and I made it yesterday (Tuesday). I'm really glad we added the veil. I was having a minor freakout thinking I wasn't going to be happy later if I didn't do a veil, and I'm so happy I changed my mind! Enjoy!

She showed me some really great close ups in person, so I can't wait to see all of them in week or so =)!!!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: XP: Bridal Portrait Today (PIP)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Very pretty! I have never heard of bridal portrait sessions before the wedding either, but maybe it is a southern thing like you said. I am starting to learn that there are a lot of southern things that I never heard of- I need to travel more haha. 

But anyway, very nice photos! Thanks for sharing! 
  • Options
    GJones27GJones27 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Beautiful pics!  Wait... are you married?  If not, this is the first I've seen professional pictures ahead of the wedding (though it's a good idea to see how you will look).  Unless your mom or someone just happens to be a professional photographer, then that's super convenient!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Where are you from? It might be a southern thing. (Not that I am actually from the south, actually from FL but anyway)...Most people do them here, and my mom/her family did back in the day.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't know if the bridal portrait is a southern thing, but it's a HUGE tradition in my family and community.  We get the bridal protrait taken ahead of time (with or without flowers), and it is printed on canvas and set on a display easel at the reception.  If I DIDN'T do that it would be really unusual.  I'm also surprised that you all haven't heard of it either!  Ah, well, I guess there is some regional difference in this whole wedding thing! :-)

Beautiful pics, anna!  I can't wait until I get to do mine... we are going to try to get it done in late May or definitely by mid-June. 
    July 16, Our Wedding Day, is also International Juggling Day!
  • Options
    aegrishaegrish member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_xp-bridal-portrait-today-pip?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:cc9528e8-91ea-420b-b7c5-033e89d6cf9ePost:14f284cd-5bc7-4212-8d1d-6b73c9769f66">Re: XP: Bridal Portrait Today (PIP)</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't know if the bridal portrait is a southern thing, but it's a HUGE tradition in my family and community.  We get the bridal protrait taken ahead of time (with or without flowers), and it is printed on canvas and set on a display easel at the reception.  If I DIDN'T do that it would be really unusual.
    Posted by kellya01[/QUOTE]
    Same here.  I have always known - since I was little - what bridal portraits were and that they were pretty much necessary when you got married.  I have recently come to the understanding that it is a Southern thing.
    image imageimage image

My Blog

Anniversary

100/100 books read in 2012
    17/100 books read in 2013
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Deinitely a southern thing.  FI and I are moving to AR soon with his family and his Mema keeps informing me of what I need to do.  :P  All "southern things" but I love them.

Gorgeous pictures!!

CW Siggy : Favorite Flower
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Any and all God created. Each one is a masterpiece. :)

I'm married!! As of May 1st, 2011. :)

Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It has to be a Southern thing.  The couple who did H's and my premarital counseling mentioned bridal portraits in passing, and we both kinda blinked and said "what?"  They mentioned another couple we know who are from North Carolina who had a portrait of the bride only on display at their reception.  The idea is still a strange one, to me.  H and I are from the northeast and never heard of such a thing until now.

OP, your pics are lovely.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards