Christian Weddings
Options

S/O "The List"

What is the most ridiculous thing on your "list" for who you'd marry? 

(agape mentioned her list in the "how did you know" post and I got curious!)
PostCeremony-131.1

Re: S/O "The List"

• Options
    I really wanted a guy who played guitar and piano. I don't know why, but I find it insanely attractive when a guy plays either of those two instruments. And guess what? My FI plays both! I love it when he serenades me and plays love songs that he's written just for me! 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I made my "list" when I was in high school, forgot about it, and stumbled on it when FI and I were dating.  He fits every last characteristic on it, though, including being a Chicago Cubs fan and playing golf (which I put on the list because my dad and uncles like to play, I'd never swung a club before FI decided to teach me).  Amazing how God works things out!
  • Options
    He has to have a strong sense of family. Family means everything to me and I wanted to marry someone who felt family was just as important to them.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Hmm... I don't know if I have anything that would qualify as "silly," as I consider myself "selective" but not "picky."  One that most girls would probably find strange is I'm not attracted to guys with muscles.  Don't know why... I find it threatening for some reason.  I just like men who seem very gentle, both in personality and in looks.  
  • Options
    I didn't have a list, lol!

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    I had been told stories like yodacubs, so I had sat down a few times to make a list and yet never really could for whatever reason.. the only thing I could really think was required was that he was patient and Christian. Ryan is both...

That said, I did have things I was looking for. I thought he *had* to be older than me (Ryan is 2 months, six days younger) and he *had* to be taller than me (we are teh same height) and I am extremely attracted to a certain shape of nose (which Ryan doesn't have)....

But I also wanted him to have brown eyes (which Ryan does have) and chest hair (which Ryan does have) so it wasn't all bad...

This is amusing me to share, just saying.
    My blog
    "I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, My soul shall be joyful in my God; For He has clothed me with the garments of salvation, He has covered me with the robe of righteousness, As a bridegroom decks himself with ornaments, And as a bride adorns herself with her jewels." -Isaiah 61:10 NKJV
  • Options
    I don't think I really had a list, BUT a good friend of mine had a crazy list in high school with like 500 items haha. The only ones I remember from it were "must not wear slippers" and "must not eat breakfast food for dinner". I think some of them HAD to be a joke. Her husband now (of 3 years) does not meet all the criteria haha. 
  • Options
    I never had a list, not really sure why. I guess maybe mentally I wanted a guy kind of like my dad, so I didn't need a "list".

I always thought I'd end up with a guy that was clean-shaven (IDH hasn't been since high-school, before we met).
    I wanted to have a house full of piano music, but I can't play well at all. (DH is a phenomenal pianist.) :)
    I never liked the idea of chest hair on guys. (But,  DH has chest hair, and I really don't mind it.)
    I can't stand big bulging muscles. (DH has wonderfully lean muscles that I love.)

The best part is that we're so similar in so many ways that even the things one knows or does better than the other become fun learning experiences. Like I've come to really enjoy video games, and DH now uses spreadsheets all the time. ;)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_so-the-list?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:cd1d377e-a2b1-45ae-9610-ccaddbd42a28Post:1997d3fb-6761-4411-a9cc-70fbc1208030">Re: S/O "The List"</a>:
    [QUOTE] I<strong> thought he *had* to be older than me (Ryan is 2 months, six days younger) and he *had* to be taller than me (we are teh same height)</strong> and I am extremely attracted to a certain shape of nose (which Ryan doesn't have).... But I also wanted him to have brown eyes (which Ryan does have) and chest hair (which Ryan does have) so it wasn't all bad... This is amusing me to share, just saying.
    Posted by RyansBelovedBride[/QUOTE]

<div>Both of those were on my list too. I ended up getting one out of the two! FI is 8 months younger than me, but he is about 3 or 4 inches taller. Since I'm 5'11", finding a guy taller than me was a HUGE deal!</div>
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_so-the-list?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:cd1d377e-a2b1-45ae-9610-ccaddbd42a28Post:846f92e2-0fcc-4e0b-a528-1d37d0d54c85">Re: S/O "The List"</a>:
    [QUOTE]I never had a list, not really sure why. I guess maybe mentally I wanted a guy kind of like my dad, so I didn't need a "list". I always thought I'd end up with a guy that was clean-shaven (IDH hasn't been since high-school, before we met).<strong> I wanted to have a house full of piano music, but I can't play well at all. (DH is a phenomenal pianist.) </strong>:) I never liked the idea of chest hair on guys. (But,  DH has chest hair, and I really don't mind it.) I can't stand big bulging muscles. (DH has wonderfully lean muscles that I love.) The best part is that we're so similar in so many ways that even the things one knows or does better than the other become fun learning experiences. Like I've come to really enjoy video games, and DH now uses spreadsheets all the time. ;)
    Posted by azdancer8[/QUOTE]

I wanted to have a guy who played an instrument because I don't and I always loved visiting families who like all were musica (and I sing, so I have that). But Ryan doesn't play a thing... and struggles to carry a tune...

BUT one of the first times were on the phone he left to go to the restroom and he was singing to himself as he left the room... and I broke out into a huge grin because he actually just sings around the house as he does his daily stuff... just like me! :)
    My blog
    "I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, My soul shall be joyful in my God; For He has clothed me with the garments of salvation, He has covered me with the robe of righteousness, As a bridegroom decks himself with ornaments, And as a bride adorns herself with her jewels." -Isaiah 61:10 NKJV
  • Options
    He had to be older. FI is 7 years older...so you can probably imagine my dad's face when he found out lol. But the only thing he ever said was, "Don't you think he's a bit too old for you?" After he got to know him, he realized that he was a great guy.

He had to be outdoorsy. I can't stand a guy that hates the outdoors. FI is an avid hunter and fisher so it works out great. He actually took me fishing on our second date.

Most importantly, we had to share the same faith. I know that might not matter to some people, but for me its a biggie. I met FI at church not long after he announced his calling to preach. So it works out great.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    My list included that I wanted him to drive a truck and to want/prefer me in the middle seat of the truck next to him.  FI instead drives a Jeep with a console, so I tease him that he failed my list.  I am blessed though that he is on point on the more important qualities s/a: being family oriented, loving God above all else, and of course, being absolutely handsome!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards