Christian Weddings
Options

Devotional Suggestions?

I've been slacking in my Quiet Times lately and decided to get a daily Bible study to help me stick with it.  I'm looking for something fairly in-depth, not just "a page a day."  Doesn't need to be marriage focused.  Any suggestions?

Re: Devotional Suggestions?

• Options
    MrsSmith2Be02MrsSmith2Be02 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Look into the Women's Daily Devotional Bible. I love it! It has a daily devotional for everyday with scriptural references and it has 52 weekend devotionals. You can never have too much Word :)
    image180 Made the cut!
    image 129 Ready to drop it like its HOT!
    image 7 Found something else to do
    image 44 Are just plain RUDE!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Follow Me on Pinterest November 2012 - October Siggy Challenge image
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I liked the David study from Beth Moore. Let me know what you come up with! I'll be needing something soon! 
    PostCeremony-131.1
  • Options
    mrandmrsbristmrandmrsbrist member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I really enjoyed Jesus Calling but that's only page-ish, so it probably wouldn't help you much...
    Pregnancy Ticker
    2010: 41 books, 2011: 31 books, 2012: 100 books
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    A friend bought me The Confident Woman Devotional by Joyce Meyer. I haven't started it yet because I am doing the Year of the Bible, but I am excited to read it in 2012! However, it is a page-a-day thing, so it might not be what you're looking for. 
  • Options
    fpaemp2011fpaemp2011 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    I forgot to update this.  I ended up getting "Adventurous Prayer" from the Women of Faith Study Guide series.  They have 9 other titles that are each about 12 "chapters" (weeks if you're in a group study, but I'm aiming for days).  DH and I agreed that starting with a small, but still in-depth, study might help get me back in the routine and then maybe get back into the bigger studies that are sitting on my bookshelf. 

Christian Book Distributors
  • Options
    Anything by John MacArthur. And Kay Arthur has several that teach you to study your Bible inductively (about as deeply as you can w/o needing a seminary degree & minors in Greek & Hebrew). I'm planing on doing some of those soon. 

Also, I don't know if you've heard of Brannon Howse & Worldview Weekend (he's made lots of enemies by speaking out against apostasy in the church) but he has a "class" you can take at your own pace. It isn't really a devotional, more of a class. It has about 85 hrs of teachings. It is a bit expensive ($149) but they do have family & group rates. http://www.worldviewweekend.com/academy/ Just a thought.

:)
    Anniversary Visit The Nest!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards