Christian Weddings
Options

Moving tomorrow - please pray!

I've been packing up all my stuff these past few days. I leave tomorrow - moving 6 hours away to Emporia, KS. I don't know anyone there. I don't have a job there (yet). and i'm pretty nervous. I haven't had a job for the past 3 years, so I pretty much have no money. I won't have internet again until next week - probably Wednesday or Thursday.  I haven't found a good church there yet. and I'm going alone. FI is freaking out more than I am - he hasn't slept for the past week, can't concentrate on his work, and can barely talk to me on the phone without saying how much he's going to miss me. We only have a few months, then he's moving up there too - then we're getting married in just over 100 days.  

Basically what all that means is..... I need your prayers - badly! 

Thanks ladies. 

Re: Moving tomorrow - please pray!

• Options
    Purple&7Purple&7 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Prayers! Good luck with the move!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Praying for you to find your job and to get settled!  Is Emporia Kansas anywhere near where Emily (fpaemp2011) is moving to / where her DH's church is?  Just curious, might be someone you could call in KS to help you out in a pinch! 
    July 16, Our Wedding Day, is also International Juggling Day!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    no, I think emily lives about 2-3 hours north of Emporia. Thanks for the prayers.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Prayers are coming your way!!  I'm moving from Kansas to Arkansas.  :P  That's too funny.  Hang in there!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Prayers for a safe and smooth move and that God opens some doors soon for you.

Just wondering, why are you moving to Kansas?

June 2012 December Siggy Challenge: Favorite Things about Christmas image
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Planning Bio Updated 10/24/2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i'm moving to Emporia to attend Emporia State University to get a Masters in Library Science and Information Technology.  I also want to get away from my parents after the wedding - why not move now!?, and the third reason is to get a job. I live in a small town where there are no jobs at all available. Since i've been out of work for 3 years, I figure now is a perfect time - start out the marriage with at least some income.

And I actually don't live in Arkansas now, I live in southern Missouri, but I guess TK thinks its close enough to Arkansas to put that as my location. (Its about 1.5 hours from here to arkansas)
  • Options
    FaithCaitlinFaithCaitlin member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Praying for you Tiffany!! Keep us updated when you can!

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    SoonToBeGenaoSoonToBeGenao member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Praying for you! I hope you find a church you like quickly. That's probably the best place to start meeting people, and engaging with other Christians. I bet they can even help you settle down and look for a job too.
    There's only 1 way 2 say those 3 words and that's what I'll do... I love you Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I will pray!! I agree- church is the perfect place to meet loving people. I know you will adjust quickly!! Hope to hear from you soon! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    thanks ladies for the prayers. I'm here and all settled in. Now just looking for a job.  I miss FI terribly, but I get to talk to him every day on the phone, so it's not so bad. 
  • Options
    iamjoesgurliamjoesgurl member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Tiffany - glad your move went well.  Do you have a web cam?  If you do, you should try to Skype with FI.

Good luck with the job hunt.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    no, I don't have a webcam, and FI has a very slow, horrible internet connection. He's only on it to do homework because it's SOOOOO slow. 

Besides, if we skyped, he'd probably start trying to get me to play strip poker or something with him. He's crazy like that. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Glad you got there safely. DH and I just moved friday from Orlando, FL to Raleigh, NC. We moved into a place we had never been to and it was scary. Right now we are borrowing internet from a neighbor. I will be praying you find a job
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards