Christian Weddings
Options

I'm Married!!! (LONG and PIPs)

Hey ladies!!

I've missed you all and I have about 2.5 weeks of posts to catch up on with all of you!

Sorry in advance if I jump all over the place but lemme try to recap as much as possible. Maybe I'll just make lots of bullets.

- Night before the wedding had the rehearsal/ RD and got to bed at midnight and my alarm had to go off at 4am so we could be at the salon at 5am. Somehow I managed to actually get a good amount of sleep, and though it was only 4 hours, felt rested and awake the morning of the wedding. Though my sister the MOH was all hyper and nervous/excited and didn't sleep a wink! hahaha

- Got to the salon at 5am and had hair and makeup done. My stomach started turning... maybe the nerves set in and I spent the whole morning in the bathroom, but through it all hair and makeup got done and was GORGEOUS. I was so happy with the outcome.

- The weather was amazing, unseasonaly warm with a bright strong sun. It was perfect, along with the photographer, limo and flowers- everything of the morning was perfect.

- Got to the church to find out our organist didn't show... Freaked out for a brief minute, but DH(!!!!)'s friend Orlando played some beautiful classical music on the piano, and one of the groomsmen downloaded Here Comes The Bride on his phone and they played it through the church's PA system for me to walk down the aisle to. It wound up being absolutely fine.

- The pastor made jokes during the ceremony about me posting all my wedding planning on facebook and had everyone cracking up. He had warned me that the ceremony was going to be "hysterical" and it certainly was. We started marriage laughing together which was perfect.

- The reception hall and the bridal attendants were so amazing, I plan to write them a recommendation and thank you letter. The place was gorgeous and the service was just SOOO great. I felt like we were king and queen for the day.

- DJ/MC/Percussionist were so great! They had so much energy and EVERYONE at that wedding was up and dancing at one point or another (DH and I danced the WHOLE entire time! It was SO fun!)

- Daddy made me cry during the father/daughter dance when he kept talking saying how happy he was and how much he loves Andre and I etc. It was really special. I also set up a surprise line dance for my mom and sister too which they loved.

- I did actually eat dinner, I was so hungry by that point (and the food at this place is SO good) that you couldn't take that plate away until I was finished! Yummy!!

- My sister caught the bouquet which people keep thinking was planned, but I swear I didn't know where those flowers were going to go.... ;)

- When the last song was over I grabbed DH and cried because "I'm not ready for it to be over yet!" and he just held me and said "Baby, this is just the beginning" which was the perfect thing to say and I thought it was so sweet!

- Honeymoon was amazing! We went on a cruise from PR to Barbados, St. Lucia, Antigua, St. Maarten and St. Croix. It was so much fun and I was SO happy to be away from everyone and technology etc the whole time. We had a great time together. Spent 3 days in florida with my cousins after that and then we finally came back home on wednesday.

- Picked up our little furbaby Milo on Thursday and we just LOVE this little guy.

All in all, everything was so amazing and I can go on and on writing about it. I keep thinking of more things to say, but I must stop before this thing is infinitely too big... Now for all the pictures. We don't have pros back and won't for a while. So here's some off fb.

During the ceremony

We're married!!!

Family picture after the cermony outside of the church

First dance- "My Baby You" Marc Anthony

Sweet Heart Table

Dancing with Daddy, making me cry

Line dancing with my sister (MOH) and Mama

Cake cutting :)

The percussionist let us play the drums!! SO FUN!!

There's only 1 way 2 say those 3 words and that's what I'll do... I love you Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: I'm Married!!! (LONG and PIPs)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    It looks like so much fun! I LOVE YOUR DRESS!!! Congrats!!! 
    PostCeremony-131.1
  • Options
    SoonToBeGenaoSoonToBeGenao member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you!!
    There's only 1 way 2 say those 3 words and that's what I'll do... I love you Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    ravenrayravenray member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Congrats!  Everything looks wonderful!
    "Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• Options
    edited December 2011
    love the pics! so glad to day went so well!! the picture of your dad and you is a sneak preview of what my dad & I are going to look like I have a feeling. I could cry now thinking of it!

June 2012 December Siggy Challenge: Favorite Things about Christmas image
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Planning Bio Updated 10/24/2011
  • Options
    FaithCaitlinFaithCaitlin member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am so happy that you had a wonderful day and HM!!! Your pictures are just gorgeous and you both look so so happy in them. 

Congrats to you MRS! 

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks girls!! We were/are both very very happy :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats girl! You look beautiful. I'm glad you had a great day... Welcome to the wife club! 
  • Options
    iamjoesgurliamjoesgurl member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You were gorgeous!  I'm glad it all went so well.  Congratulations!

By the way, at first I thought you had two sisters in the family picture and then I realized that the one on your left is your mom.  She looks so young!
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hahah Lisa I have to tell her you said that, you probably will make her day! She was 27 when she had me... but she just looks really good for her age. She doesn't have a single wrinkle on her!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I LOVE your dress!  I wish I had found a dress like that when I was searching!  I'm glad you had what sounds like the perfect day and the perfect honeymoon!  Welcome back, Mrs.  ;-)
    image imageimage image

My Blog

Anniversary

100/100 books read in 2012
    17/100 books read in 2013
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations! You look amazing in your dress. Sounds like a great time had by all! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    SuMmErKuTiESuMmErKuTiE member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations and welcome back! Love the pics! Everything looked beautiful.
  • Options
    mrandmrsbristmrandmrsbrist member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations, Mrs!! So glad to have you back :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
    2010: 41 books, 2011: 31 books, 2012: 100 books
  • Options
    joysyearjoysyear member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congradulations, I'm so glad everything worked out with the music. Your pictures look amazing. And your right your Husbands statement "this is only the beginning" was perfect.
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards