Christian Weddings
Options

Eeek! We accidentally peeked!

Okay so our first party is coming up on May 21st (a little over a week away!) and we checked the registries today just to make sure there weren't any other items we had forgotten to put on there... and an item was purchased!  We didn't mean to peek, and we aren't going to look at them anymore after tonight, but it gave me the warm fuzzies.  Aw!! :-)

And on that note.... happy almost Friday the 13th!  

A song comes to mind that I wanted to share from Veggie Tales: "God is Bigger than the Boogie Man"!!!!!! :-)   No fear, tomorrow is just another day to rejoice in God's creation!! 
July 16, Our Wedding Day, is also International Juggling Day!

Re: Eeek! We accidentally peeked!

• Options
    DramaGeekDramaGeek member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have always thought the 13ths were lucky.  I'm a weirdo!

As far as the registry goes, peek away!  I always did.  It was fun to see who bought what.  H, my mom and I would play a game and guess which guest we thought bought which gift, then rub it in when we were right and the others were wrong.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I love peeking at my registries, and my wedding is over 6 months away, lol.
    image imageimage image

My Blog

Anniversary

100/100 books read in 2012
    17/100 books read in 2013
  • Options
    FaithCaitlinFaithCaitlin member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have always had wonderful days on Friday the 13ths! I'm not worried, haha. But, I can't tell you how many times I sing the "God is Bigger than the Boogeyman" song! When I have to go to the bathroom at night, when I hear weird noises.. :D

I'm glad you accidently peeked! I think it would be fun! I can't wait to start our registry.

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I can't WAIT until July 16th gets here!  And furthermore... I can't wait until June 10th gets here and I can send the "inmates" home for the summer.... ;-)  we have a few teacher workdays after the 10th, but to send the students home, I know the teachers will be partying it up after they finally leave campus!!!! :-)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I totally stalked my registry it was ridiculous. You end up being surprised anyway because you have no idea who bought stuff for you. Enjoy it :):):) and p.s. that veggie tales song made me LOL! I on the rare (or not so rare) occasion sing the hairbrush song to myself while brushing my hair. I .. am. awesome.
  • Options
    SuMmErKuTiESuMmErKuTiE member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh goodness, ditto pp's peek away at your registries! I certainly did.. it's really hard not to. There's still a mystery as to who purchased what gifts so go ahead and don't feel guilty ;0)
  • Options
    aegrishaegrish member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh I peeked a lot!  It's too exciting not to.  Plus at my shower I wanted to call everything by the right name and purpose.  It can be overwhelming to get all those gifts at once!
  • Options
    iamjoesgurliamjoesgurl member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I also peeked a lot and I don't think it ruined any of the surprises!  Peek away!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have a feeling I will be peeking a lot when we do our registry!! 

June 2012 December Siggy Challenge: Favorite Things about Christmas image
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Planning Bio Updated 10/24/2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I never thought it was "wrong" to peek at your registries until I joined TK anyway, so I definitely say peek away, haha.
    image imageimage image

My Blog

Anniversary

100/100 books read in 2012
    17/100 books read in 2013
  • Options
    azdancer8azdancer8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I did the same thing, and it's totally ok. :)

I had three showers all relatively close together, but knew that many people were getting us gifts from other stores. So I checked after each party to cross off things we had gotten elsewhere - and invariably saw a few "purchased" items. Ooops. ;)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Haha I think I am the only want who didn't peek at my registry (intentionally). When we first made it, I had to go on it from my computer at home because certain things weren't showing up online and I had to call Target to fix it. While I was on it looking for what they were telling me to look for, I did see 2 or 3 things bought and I got sad because I didn't want to see it haha. I don't think there's anything wrong with peeking at all, but I just want to be completely surprised (I LOVE surprises). But don't feel guilty about looking- lots of people do it. I just didn't want to. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Aw, my FI and I have made a pact NOT to look at our registries from today onwards... we know there is plenty of stuff on there for the first party, so we'll look after the party to update it before the big bridal shower in June.  :-)  

I won't lie though, I LOVE that someone already bought something from the registry!!! :-) 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards