Christian Weddings
Options

So, I'm signing up for a 5k RUN

I don't run.  I really, really hate it.  I prefer to swim or dance or bike my way to exercise.

But, something has to be done about all this extra weight I'm carrying, and I know the only way I'll do it is if there's something at the end that I care about.  So, I signed up for the Jingle Bell Run in Portland on Dec 4.

This means I'll be starting Couch to 5K next week, and I'll be getting back to tracking my eating, making better nutrition choices, etc.  I've done it before, I just need to keep it going.  Will you ladies hold me accountable?

ETA - I haven't signed up yet because I need a team name and I want to something witty/funny with a Christmas related item/icon/whathaveyou.  Like, Rockin' Reindeers or Elf Yourself or something.  Ideas?

Re: So, I'm signing up for a 5k RUN

• Options
    SoonToBeGenaoSoonToBeGenao member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    OOooh Good luck with the race! I've heard good things about that couch to 5K program but I haven't tried it myself. Like you said, I am not much of a runner. Fitness is a big deal with both FI and I, but I really can't stand running. I like to bike, swim, climb, zumba my way to a healthy body.
    There's only 1 way 2 say those 3 words and that's what I'll do... I love you Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    FaithCaitlinFaithCaitlin member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm a horrible runner (prefer Zumba!) but I've always wanted to do a 5k. I give you major props for doing this!!

I will certainly be willing to be your accountability partner as I too am carrying extra weight and need to get my butt whipped into shape. I am starting a new diet today as well as going to try to exercise more.

I hope C25K goes well; I've heard great things about the program! Who knows.. maybe you'll be one of those devout runners when you're done!

Please let us know how it goes and if you'd like to be accountability partners, feel free to PM me!

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    ochemjennochemjenn member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Remember that it's ok if you have to repeat a week (or several) of C25k.  Good luck!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    AllyG303AllyG303 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

I love love love the Jingle Bell Run!  I used to do it with my sorority when I lived in Seattle.  It's so much fun when everybody is all dressed up in Christmas-y stuff and everyone has bells on their shoes!  It snowed the last year I did it though...it was a little chillier than I would've liked. :)  Good luck with the couch to 5K!

Wedding Countdown Ticker weddingpreview
  • Options
    ravenrayravenray member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Have fun!!!  I did a 5K walk, I am proud of you for running it!  I am walking a half marathon in January.  You can do it!!!
    "Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Awesome! I have walked 5K's, but never ran one. I don't run haha. 

As for the name, I love Rockin' Reindeer! 
  • Options
    DramaGeekDramaGeek member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_signed-up-5k-run?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:e0d0d422-c89b-4452-8f26-32323d0177e7Post:28099860-7e84-40fe-ae38-f6b62b38a9ae">Re: So, I'm signing up for a 5k RUN</a>:
    [QUOTE]Awesome! I have walked 5K's, but never ran one. I don't run haha.  As for the name, I love Rockin' Reindeer! 
    Posted by AshNoel8[/QUOTE]

<div>Me too, and me either!  This will be an experience for sure.</div><div>
    </div><div>It looks like we're going to go with team name "Blitzen's Vixens."</div>
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Haha, I like it! Theater teacher, for sure! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I HATE running, but loved doing Couch to 5k.  You'll do great!

• Options
    iamjoesgurliamjoesgurl member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That was how my sister got started on her weight loss journey.  She started Couch to 5k and now she runs on a regular basis.  She has lost a lot of weight and feels so much healthier.

Good luck! 

(And I love your team name!)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards