Christian Weddings
Options

I hate that this is bothering me

So I need to get it out and then maybe I can sleep.

On another board (non knot related), someone was posting about feeling guilty because her friend wanted her to go to a Lia Sophia home jewelry party.  She was upfront with her friend about not being in a position to purchase anything and the friend told her, multiple times, that she just wanted her to come and hang out and make it a fun time, no pressure to buy.

My response was that I've hosted Lia Sophia and really did just want my friends to come for a girls night so to take her friend at her word.  If people bought stuff, cool, if not that was fine too because I got a hostess break on jewelry whether they bought or not.

Her response?  "Ugh, I just looked thorugh the catalogue and it's all crap.  Like, Dollar Tree jewelry except it's $60 a piece instead of just $1."

Seriously?  I just told you that I have hosted this party before, and implied that I like the jewelry, and that's your response?  I realize it's expensive - which is why I hosted, so I could get it cheaper! - but wow.

I responded with "It may not be your taste, but it's higher quality than dollar tree.  A little tact goes a long way."

Irritating.

Re: I hate that this is bothering me

• Options
    edited December 2011
    It's okay if it bothers you.  I have seen a few responses on TK boards that really shock me sometimes as to the level of immaturity or just plain attacking another person's point of view.  It would be one thing if the jewelry was really bad, but it's not, and that person needed to not argue with someone who is sort of an "expert" in it, I would think.  Maybe the "think before typing" mentality doesn't exist with everyone.  :-)

July 16, Our Wedding Day, is also International Juggling Day!
  • Options
    MelissaAnne88MelissaAnne88 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    And people feel like they can get away with saying anything they want because everyone is essentially "anonymous" on here.

Don't let it get to you. People are mean and rude sometimes!
    The Happiest 5K on the Planet! Color Run 2012
    "I think the threat of 'You've ticked off The Brides!' might do it." Anniversary LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    mrandmrsbristmrandmrsbrist member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Some people are tactless. And it's okay if that bothers you. Your reply to her had tact and that's what matters.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    2010: 41 books, 2011: 31 books, 2012: 100 books
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with the girls:

Not everyone tries to be nice, or even cares if they are.  I can think of a few boards off the top of my head that are maybe "honest" but they come across rude.  It's just a forum, but I understand why it got to you.  Sorry she was rude!!  You handled it very well.  :)

CW Siggy : Favorite Flower
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Any and all God created. Each one is a masterpiece. :)

I'm married!! As of May 1st, 2011. :)

Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • Options
    DramaGeekDramaGeek member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think it's harder because it's a private board with closed membership and we've all been together since 2003.  Eight years is a long time for someone to come out and call the jewelry you wear crap.  She went on to say if it were at Macy's it would be on the clearance table because no one would wear it.  Awesome.

ETA - I'm a jerk and forgot to say thank you for the warm fuzzies.  It really does help!  I heart this board :-)
  • Options
    mrandmrsbristmrandmrsbrist member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm sorry this girl finally showed her true colors. :( It would make me really upset. I completely understand where you're coming from now.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    2010: 41 books, 2011: 31 books, 2012: 100 books
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That definitely is not cool. That is why this board is the only one I go on now. Everyone on here is so nice and considerate and I have seen people on other boards who are not. I think you handled it well and I wouldn't let it get to you. Maybe she will apologize...??? If not, just let it roll off your shoulders!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards