Christian Weddings
Options

Ask Me Anything?

I know TK is having alternate universes again, so I might not be able to see one that exists somewhere else... but been watching for it lol

Re: Ask Me Anything?

• Options
    I haven't seen it either so I will start it. 1. What is your favorite hobby? 2. Favorite meal? 3. Do you want any pets?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Atleast I'm not the only one that didn't see it hahaha

1. What is your favorite hobby?
    I am a big fitness buff. I have done martial arts since I was 6, taught since I was 15 and am now starting to get into some of the more interesting races. Right now I am starting to train for Tough Mudder Summer 2013! (Google it if you don't know what it is, its so awesome! Lol)

2. Favorite meal?
    I am a big pizza addict hahaha!

3. Do you want any pets?
    Well we currently have 2 medium-large dogs and 2 cats so I don't think we'll be getting anymore anytime soon. We did agree once we buy our own place (we're looking for one with atleast an acre) then we can get a third dog. FI's dog is older and doesn't like to play, but mine is still young and wants to play all the time. We figure a playmate would be great for her, and we're both BIG animal people so it gives us an excuse to adopt another :P
  • Options
    Favourite restaurant to go to for dinner?
  • Options
    Favourite restaurant to go to for dinner?
    There is a sushi place in the small town that I live in that is my all time favourite, they make amazing sushi, it is VERY traditional inside and they do all you can eat Sundays lol
    Outside of that I will admit that I LOVE Montanas lol

• Options
    Remind me again...are you down in Windsor?
  • Options
    What kind of dogs do you have? What kind/breeds do you want in the future?

What movie could you watch over and over again?
  • Options
    Oh no! Sorry you missed out on a day yesterday!!

What website do you spend the most time on?

What do you (as a Canadian) think of American politics?

Favorite part of wedding planning so far? Least favorite part?

How did you come to Christ?
    Pregnancy Ticker
    2010: 41 books, 2011: 31 books, 2012: 100 books
  • Options
    Remind me again...are you down in Windsor?
    In a little town about half an hour to 45 min outside of Windsor :)

What kind of dogs do you have? What kind/breeds do you want in the future?
    Daviana is a German Shepherd/Weimarener. Chloe is a Lab mix. They are both Humane Society finds, as we both believe in adopting out pets.
    I have a SERIOUS German Shepherd addiction, and FI likes them as well so we agreed we'll search the kill shelters again for our next pup and seek out a Shepherd either purebred or a mix.

What movie could you watch over and over again?
    I have seen Stop Loss too many times to count hmmm... what else? Oh, I have a big weakness for Million Dollar Baby, also see that one too many times to count haha

What website do you spend the most time on?
    Lately, The Knot probably and Facebook. With my family/friends being all over Canada Facebook is a great way to keep in touch with everyone!

What do you (as a Canadian) think of American politics?
    To be honest I find American politics rediculous. Sure there is sometimes some slander and carry on like that in Canada, but that's all I ever hear about going on down there! What little I hear about the actual issues I do find to be fascinating, especially when it comes to the defense areas (that could be a bias from my past). I just have a hard time getting over the use of slander to win the public's support.

Favorite part of wedding planning so far? Least favorite part?
    This is a good one hahaha! I have a couple moments that I've really enjoyed so far:
    1) The trip up to Muskoka when we first found our venue, seeing not only myself fall for somewhere but the look in FI's face
    2) The giddy school boy FI turned into when I agreed to go to Los Cabos for our honeymoon (he's wanted to go since he was young)
    3) The tears in my Mom's eye when she walked into the room during my first fitting when we started altering her dress, and I was wearing the dress she got married in at the time.

Least fav has been a lot of the family drama, especially things trying to appease his HUGE family, that hardly knows each other, and a lot of them aren't coming anyway! lol

How did you come to Christ?
    Actually I was VERY anti religion just a couple years ago. After being bugged to just 'come out for one Sunday' by a really good friend/older brother figure I agreed to come out Dec 2010, just as they were starting their Christmas services. At the time I had been in the middle of dealing with some big health stuff and just gotten the 'all clear' for being done treatment, but was trying to come to terms with the long term effects. I dragged my FI who was also anti religion with me because 'if I'm going I'm not walking in there alone'! I figured it was a 'check in the box' so he'd stop bugging me. Well something spoke to me that Sunday REALLY clearly. I have a VERY messy past and it really spoke to stuff I've gone through. We continued going, although I hadn't accepted Christ. A few months later of attending I found out that I can't have children and totally broke down. It was well crying in my office alone, trying not to make FI feel bad at the time, that I finally gave myself to Christ and put all my faith in him that everything will work out. I was baptized in July 2011. FI then apparently came to Christ after seeing the change in me and was baptized May 2012.
  • Options
    naomikbnaomikb member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited July 2012
    Cool.  My H got a job offer in Harrow but it seems soooo far away, I don't know if it's better than Halifax. Blech.
  • Options
    This link didn't show up until just now for me too. Your story of faith is a moving one.

Any summer vacation plans?
  • Options
    This link didn't show up until just now for me too. Your story of faith is a moving one.
    Thank you :)

Any summer vacation plans?
    Our summer is PACKED! This weekend is FI's bachelor party and my first shower. Next weekend we're going to Milwaukee on business for the weekend. The weekends in August include one where we're travelling to Toronto for my final fitting (my sister is altering my Mom's dress and that's where she lives), one where I'm traveling up to my shower with my family (5 hrs + away), my bachlorette weekend (its a full weekend of fun that's mainly a surprise to me. I do know it includes a picnic the one afternoon lol). Then we move into Sept which is my Mom's surprise 50th bday one weekend, the Walk for Hope (for Ovarian Cancer, I have my own team this year), and as the month progresses the wedding! Lol
  • Options
    Do you plan to live in your current area forever? If no, where do you want to live? 
  • Options
    Have you ever been to the U.S.? 

The only place in Canada I've been is Niagara Falls a few times, haha. I sometimes tell H that I want to move to Canada because of certain things I don't like about the U.S. (there's a lot I do like, though). 

Is your area of Canada cold? 

That's one reason I wouldn't like to move there, because I don't like cold haha. 
  • Options
    I'm so sorry!  TK has been wonky, and yesterday ended up being insane for me.  I'm glad you started it :-)

If you had to dye your hair some crazy color, what color would you choose?
    How were you named (ie, is there a story behind your first or middle name)?
    When is your birthday?  What do you like/dislike about the date of your birth?
    What is your favorite body part of your own?  Least favorite?
    Do you have any bizarre talents?  If so, what are they?
    Do you play any musical instruments?
    What is your biggest fear?
    What is one silly thing you always cry at?
  • Options
    Do you plan to live in your current area forever? If no, where do you want to live? 
    No, we have agreed that maybe in 5 years time or so we'd like to move north to the Muskoka area. Its SO much nicer up there from the weather to the natural scenery.
  • Options
    If a fairy godmother offered to pay for it where would you go on your dream vacation?

What technological gadget would you find it hardest to live without?

What is your favorite cuisine of food?
    My blog
    "I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, My soul shall be joyful in my God; For He has clothed me with the garments of salvation, He has covered me with the robe of righteousness, As a bridegroom decks himself with ornaments, And as a bride adorns herself with her jewels." -Isaiah 61:10 NKJV
  • Options
    I'm so sorry!  TK has been wonky, and yesterday ended up being insane for me.  I'm glad you started it :-)
    No worries, I knew TK was wonky, there are 3 different 'versions' of my month board right now which makes it a little hard to keep track of as a mod lol

If you had to dye your hair some crazy color, what color would you choose?
    I actually had a hair dye addiction as a teen so my hair has been ruby red, purple, blue, you name it. I did like the slightly darker purple, that was fun. Now I tend to stick with darker reds or darker browns.

How were you named (ie, is there a story behind your first or middle name)?
    My middle name (Marie) is my mother's middle name and my great grandmother's first name. There really is no story behind my first name.

When is your birthday?  What do you like/dislike about the date of your birth?
    April 21. I love that its spring so the weather is always nice for it (not too hot/not too cold and I don't mind the rain). I don't like that its so soon after March Break that if I want to do anything bigger I often get the 'I can't come because we just spent money on _________ for March Break' lol

What is your favorite body part of your own?  Least favorite?
    I love my eyes, they are REALLY blue and have always gotten compliments on them. I hate my stomach, always have. I carry a bit of weight there that I can't seem to get rid of no matter how much I work out (and I'm pretty into fitness) so that has always bothered me.

Do you have any bizarre talents?  If so, what are they?
    Not that I can think of lol

Do you play any musical instruments?
    I am actually a music performance major when I went to University. I play mainly saxophone, but can also play clarinet, flute, percussion, guitar and took vocal lessons.

What is your biggest fear?
    I have always had a big fear of getting close to people, a fear of being hurt. I worked A LOT over the last few years to get by that enough that I do finally have some closer friends and have obviously let FI into my life and my past more.

What is one silly thing you always cry at?
    Lately a couple songs that make me think about the wedding get me everytime. I'm also a huge animal lover so although I don't find it silly some do that I cry over things like stories about animal abuse/neglect, or a visit to the shelter.
  • Options
    I think you accidentally missed my questions, haha. So here they are again:

Have you ever been to the U.S.? 
    The only place in Canada I've been is Niagara Falls a few times, haha. I sometimes tell H that I want to move to Canada because of certain things I don't like about the U.S. (there's a lot I do like, though). 

Is your area of Canada cold? 

That's one reason I wouldn't like to move there, because I don't like cold haha. 
  • Options
    I think you accidentally missed my questions, haha. So here they are again:
    I very well may have haha, sorry about that :) How about I answer them this time :)

Have you ever been to the U.S.?  The only place in Canada I've been is Niagara Falls a few times, haha. I sometimes tell H that I want to move to Canada because of certain things I don't like about the U.S. (there's a lot I do like, though). 
    Actually the business that FI and I own is international, and heavily based in the states so I cross the border minimum once a week. Every 3 months or so I do a weekend long business trip as well ontop of the evening meetings. For example last night was Southfield, MI, and the last weekend of July I will be in Milwaukee, WI for a weekend :)

Is your area of Canada cold?  That's one reason I wouldn't like to move there, because I don't like cold haha. 
    Alright, I think the best way to answer this is a quick explanation of where I am geographically. I live in a little town outside of Windsor, Ontario. Windsor and Detroit are pretty much one and the same city (city buses literally travel back and forth between the cities) and the town I am in is right on the Detroit river SO.... pending what your definition of 'cold' is, think Detroit lol

That being said I'm from much further north and grew up in ski country where a single snow storm dropping 3 feet of snow was not at all uncommon so for me this is CRAZY warm compared to how I grew up!
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_ask-me-anything?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:ee60b77f-6aaa-41d0-af06-7b785fedf557Post:876883d1-c6be-42a9-a9e3-9587b9a7ffe6">Re: Ask Me Anything?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think you accidentally missed my questions, haha. So here they are again: I very well may have haha, sorry about that :) How about I answer them this time :) Have you ever been to the U.S.?  The only place in Canada I've been is Niagara Falls a few times, haha. I sometimes tell H that I want to move to Canada because of certain things I don't like about the U.S. (there's a lot I do like, though).  Actually the business that FI and I own is international, and heavily based in the states so I cross the border minimum once a week. Every 3 months or so I do a weekend long business trip as well ontop of the evening meetings. For example last night was Southfield, MI, and the last weekend of July I will be in Milwaukee, WI for a weekend :) Is your area of Canada cold?  That's one reason I wouldn't like to move there, because I don't like cold haha.  Alright, I think the best way to answer this is a quick explanation of where I am geographically. I live in a little town outside of Windsor, Ontario. Windsor and Detroit are pretty much one and the same city (city buses literally travel back and forth between the cities) and the town I am in is right on the Detroit river SO.... pending what your definition of 'cold' is, think Detroit lol That being said I'm from much further north and grew up in ski country where a single snow storm dropping 3 feet of snow was not at all uncommon so for me this is CRAZY warm compared to how I grew up!
    Posted by BMcLeodTeam[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>That's cool! Thanks for the responses! 

</div>
  • Options
    If a fairy godmother offered to pay for it where would you go on your dream vacation?
    I have always wanted to go on a tour of all the major WW1 and WW2 sites across Europe. FI is also a huge military history buff too so I know he'd be all for that :)

What technological gadget would you find it hardest to live without?
    My blackberry! Owning my own business means I am SO dependant upon it that its crazy!!! lol

What is your favorite cuisine of food?
    Good question! Its a toss up... I like pretty much everything... hmmm I guess if I had to pick I'd say Italian as pizza is my most favourite food lol
  • Options
    Hmmm it shows there's a message on here from mattycam on the main Christian board but when I come in here I don't see it. Does anyone else see it? If so what does it say? lol
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards