Christian Weddings

Hello ladies!

Hello ladies!

I just figured out how to find this board. I am computer savvy most of the time but I do have my blond moments. I have several when it comes to the Knot. :p I have been active on my month and local boards. I tend to lurk on most of the others.

My Name is Mary. My fiance proposed to me on our 8th anniversary (October 3rd). It was fantastic, perfect and very us. We will be getting married Sunday October 2nd (my birthday) 2011.

I look forward to getting to know all of you in the months to come.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Hello ladies!

• edited December 2011
    Congratulations and welcome to the board!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats and welcome! I also wanted to say that my FI also proposed on the day after my birthday. =) However, that wasn't a special day for us- he just didn't want me to have it on my actual b-day. Something about the possibility that I would be expecting it...I have to admit he was acting suspicious and I was ready for his proposal like 3 months prior to him asking, so I kinda hoped it was my b-day or in the very near future. Looking forward to getting to know you!
  • DanielleB80DanielleB80 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hello, Congrats and Welcome to the board!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker imageGraphics
  • iamjoesgurliamjoesgurl member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations and welcome!  You will have dated for a long time when you get married.  Has that been hard?  What are some of the pluses and minuses of a long dating relationship?
  • erolliserollis member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    iamjoesgurl-

The long relationship has definitely had its ups and downs. It would have had a lot less downs if it wasn't a long distance relationship for  almost  4  years. We have experienced almost everything together (birth of a brother, the deaths of loved ones, waiting out hurricanes, bad roommates, etc.).

I must say that after being together for so long let us get to know one another very well. It also gave us plenty of time to talk about what we want (how to raise kids, who will most likely be the primary bread winner, etc.). There will be no trying to get used to another persons habits since we know them all already. We also know each others families very well.

Down side would be having to wait so long to get married. I watched many people tie the knot before I did. It became very hard for me towards the end. It was well worth the wait though. My biggest peeve about not being married (and in such a committed relationship) is that any time you are trying to do something for SO (pay a bill, pick up a fixed lap top, etc.) the people who you talk to are very unfriendly. This happened to me again the other day with Best Buy. So frustrating.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • angiems97angiems97 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats and welcome!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • jgavigan3376jgavigan3376 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations and welcome to the board!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards