Christian Weddings

I have an Interview!!! Pray, please!

Okay, the subject line said it all... I have the "formal" interview on Tuesday at 10am.  The principal said the interview was just a formality because apparently the band director at the school (I'm trying to get the chorus job) already talked to him on my behalf (and I didn't even ask her to, she got word through another friend that I wanted the job and she's doing what she can to help)... blah, blah, well I have a VERY strong feeling that he was communicating to me "the job is yours if you want it" so it feels really, really good.  FI and I talked about me actually moving into a rental house that I can move in now, and he'll join me after the wedding in July.   If we do that, he will try to get his Apartment lease to be finished at the end of July instead of doing the last 2 months on the lease...

Anyway, lots to pray about, but I REALLY feel like this is the right job for me and God is opening a BUNCH of doors to get me there, so He's giving me a lot of indications that this is where I'm supposed to go.  It's going to be hard to leave the faculty and STUDENTS that I've formed such a strong relationship with this past falll semester, but what has to be done will be done!  I've given close friends at school the heads up because they are listed as references.  We'll see what happens, and I'll update you guys as I know more!!!

~ kelly
July 16, Our Wedding Day, is also International Juggling Day!

Re: I have an Interview!!! Pray, please!

• edited December 2011
    Ditto!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Aw, thanks ladies!  I love being able to post stuff like that on here and get support from you all.  I asked fellow church choir members to pray too, but going through this season of wedding planning AND job shifting is REALLY really hard.  Especially when I thought my job in my location was totally set from here until I wanted to retire.  Ha, well, God sometimes points us in other directions!!!
  • edited December 2011
    Awesome! I will say a prayer! 
  • iamjoesgurliamjoesgurl member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That is wonderful!  I hope all goes well and that you feel at peace about this decision.  Sending prayers for you!
  • edited December 2011

Praying!

Didn't you say that you currently own your home?  If you move, will you need to sell it?  More prayers for that if so!

image imageimage image

My Blog

Anniversary

100/100 books read in 2012
    17/100 books read in 2013
  • edited December 2011
    Praying! Keep us updated! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Okay, had the interview today.... it went well, very well.  I know the band director at that school and she tells me that the principal was talking about me "coming on board" so I am thinking he will call me with the offer, but I don't want to get excited about a little rumor.  

I did find out today that this school has a LOT (and I mean a HECK of a LOT) of problems as far as discipline.  I don't usually have TOO many issues with that, but walking into that vs. where I have been will be like night and day.  So, it would be a place that I could be "needed" in a way, but also will serve up on a silver platter some of the toughest challenges of teaching.  Everyone is telling me that this is the right thing, and that God is telling me that "you're fine where you are, but I need you more THERE."  It's not going to be easy going to this school, not by a long shot, but it does provide financial incentive in the form of a full-time job, health insurance, retirement, Title 1 school status, and partial or full student loan forgiveness if I follow through with the paperwork... 

So, we'll see what happens!  Just waiting on that phone call.  URRRGH.  Listening to the songs Emily posted last week to help keep my sanity!!! :-) 
  • edited December 2011
    Glad it went well! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards