Christian Weddings
Options

Update on an old post

So, a number of months ago, I posted on here about a potential conflict in choosing law schools.  I wanted to give you an update.

Back in late fall or so, I was feeling conflicted about trying to choose between a law school in Boston (where my FI is a student) versus at Georgetown in DC (my alma mater).  I have to move to Boston to be with the FI because of his visa situation (he's applying for his greencard, and we have to live together for that).  However, I was feeling like I wouldn't be living up to my potential if settled for a lesser school, and I was also worried that going to a lower-ranked school would hurt my chances at finding a job (sadly, employers care about rankings).

Well, it ends up I was accepted at Boston College Law, and I'll be attending school there. Georgetown ended up waitlisting me, which was a bit surprising given that I did so well there as a student.  It just goes to show that the path forward will be made clear to you with time, and what is meant to be is meant to be.  There's no point stressing out about "what if's" or "potentials."

I just got back from Boston, and I feel happy that FI and I will be together.  I also visited Boston College, and it has a nice campus. 

Re: Update on an old post

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards