Christian Weddings
Options

Are You Done Christmas Shopping?

I just have my dad left and then I'm done! Woohoo!

FI and I are going on vacation in January so that is our gift to each other; he's usually hard to shop for so I'm glad I got off easy this year, lol!

How about you?

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

Re: Are You Done Christmas Shopping?

• Options
    SuMmErKuTiESuMmErKuTiE member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    All we have left is a GPS for H's parents. We got everything else, I'm even done with H's stocking stuffers!

It feels great to be almost done, but one of things I enjoy most is wrapping the presents, as I make a big effort to make them look pretty with ribbons and bows and such. But this year, since we're flying, we're unable to wrap our gifts, so we're buying a bunch of gift bags and laying them flat at the bottom of our suitcases, and we'll just be bagging everything once we get to CT.
  • Options
    AllyG303AllyG303 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just have my grandma left.  So glad I was mostly done early this year!  Usually I'm out shopping with my dad 2 days before Christmas. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker weddingpreview
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Haven't started and FI and I leave for my parents house in a week so I have limited time. Whoops! 
    PostCeremony-131.1
  • Options
    BMcLeodTeamBMcLeodTeam member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Just got everything finished, and feeling so good that its done now :) Actually wrapped the last one this weekend :)
  • Options
    ravenrayravenray member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    No! I haven't even started.  I am so bad :( I have to do it all next week!  Gah
    "Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• Options
    iamjoesgurliamjoesgurl member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I need to finish DH's gift and something for his parents but everyone else is done.  I have to do shopping for my mom from my dad.  It's so hard for him to get around so I'm usually his Christmas elf and do it for him.  When she opens the gifts, he's usually like, "Oh - that's what I got you?  Nice!"  Smile

We leave on Saturday for vacation and I need to get everything done before then.  I just finished my Christmas cards tonight so they'll go in the mail tomorrow.  
  • Options
    mrandmrsbristmrandmrsbrist member
    edited December 2011
    Parents and IL's are done. Oh, and grandparents.
    My sister is done.
    Erik and I don't really "do" gifts, but I'm working on something for him. ;)

So all that leaves is my two BIL's who I have no idea what to get...
    Pregnancy Ticker
    2010: 41 books, 2011: 31 books, 2012: 100 books
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I'm done!  Woohoo!  The only thing I have left to do is make some cookies to stick in DH's stocking.  I have to wrap a couple things, but I'm finished shopping.

Now as for DH buying for me...

image imageimage image

My Blog

Anniversary

100/100 books read in 2012
    17/100 books read in 2013
  • Options
    azdancer8azdancer8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think we have pretty much everyone figured out except each other. ;)

We're donig a lot of ours homemade this year, so this week I'm working on earrings for my sisters and figuring out what type of candy/fudge to send with them. They have to be mailed, so it's a bit more challenging. I also need to do my mom's video present, but I'm waiting until the house is a bit cleaner.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Unfortunately, we have been putting Christmas shopping until next weekend. I've puchased some of FI's gifts, but that is all!
    5/27/12
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    A little more than half done. I am done with H (except for stocking stuffers). Still have to buy one more thing for the parents and then some random aunts, uncles, cousins, nieces, friends. Yea, sounds like I haven't gotten anything done, but actually I have gotten a lot done. My family is just one of those crazy families where everyone buys for everyone lol. I don't know why all the cousins, aunts, uncles, etc don't just have a gift exchange where we pull a name. Oh well. I love buying the presents and giving them! Just don't like wrapping. The majority of my gifts go in gift bags haha. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Still have my bachelor uncle, and something to order off of Amazon, but otherwise done. This is late for me. I usually finish before Thanksgiving.
  • Options
    faith415faith415 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm so behind this year! FI and I decided to go ahead and do gifts together this year since the wedding is so close to Christmas. So that added a bunch of extra gifts to my plate. FI ended up making part of everyone's gift so now we just need to buy the additional things to go with it. We're planning on lots of shopping this weekend when FI finishes finals.
    Finals + Christmas + Wedding = Lots of stress
  • Options
    Ash61612Ash61612 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I am just about done. I have one more gift to get for my grandmother and then I will be done. Everything else is wrapped and ready to go!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    fluttaby32fluttaby32 member
    edited December 2011
    this was the first year I didnt wait til Christmas Eve to start (yes- start- gasp!) but I'm only halfway done right now. Still feeling accomplished!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I've been done since November 19th - except for ONE stinking present for my mother-in-love that I cannot seem (seam?  seem...) to get ahold of!!  UGH!!  My hubby's family is doing Christmas THIS SUNDAY NIGHT!! 
  • Options
    naomikbnaomikb member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yep, done and wrapped!  Now we just need a tree, all the wrapped gifts are in a pile in the living room.
  • Options
    MelissaC315MelissaC315 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm done shopping and done wrapping! phew finally... I like getting it done early so I don't have to stress about it.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    No. Not even remotely.  I have a tote bag for a friend, some make-up for my mom and sisters that is like a filler, and some candles. That's it. Not a complete gift amongst them

But I really can't do my shopping until after Friday when I get my next paycheck.
    My blog
    "I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, My soul shall be joyful in my God; For He has clothed me with the garments of salvation, He has covered me with the robe of righteousness, As a bridegroom decks himself with ornaments, And as a bride adorns herself with her jewels." -Isaiah 61:10 NKJV
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards