Christian Weddings
Options

Pre-wedding jitters

I'm not exactly sure what to call what I'm feeling, but here goes...

Before DH met me, he attempted to court a young lady he grew up with. Her parents said no, which hurt him deeply at the time. So she is kind of an "ex" even though they never dated. After meeting and dating me, he no longer has any romantic feelings for her. Her family is very close to DH's family, and they were a large part of our wedding (best man, pastor, etc.), and she is a very sweet girl. I think I would really like her if I knew her better.

Well, she is getting married at the end of this month, and DH has agreed to play the prelude music at her wedding. And I'm suddenly finding myself struggling. I know I have no reason to be jealous or nervous around her, but I feel awkward when we're in the same room together. I'm not thrilled about going to her wedding, but I will go, because it's important to DH. I just don't want to feel so jittery around her - I want to be able to help her celebrate her special day happily, just like she was there to help us celebrate ours. Please pray for my nerves to calm down?

CN: We're attending the wedding of DH's "ex" at the end of the month, and I need prayers to calm my irrational nervousness.

Thanks ladies!

Re: Pre-wedding jitters

• Options
    edited December 2011
    ohhh... you will be in my prayers for sure! i hate those types of feelings. 
  • Options
    mrandmrsbristmrandmrsbrist member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Praying for sure!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    2010: 41 books, 2011: 31 books, 2012: 100 books
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ahhh I would feel the exact same way and I would probably be all "butterflyish" about it. I will pray! 
  • Options
    GJones27GJones27 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Totally understand.  I had a guy at my wedding I used to have a crush on, but he rejected me.  I have zero feelings for him now, and we're friends.  I'd just remind yourself that even if you feelings get hurt, people can really, truly move on.  I'm really happy for my friend, who is getting married just months after me.  Now I think, "How did I ever even like that guy?! DH is soooo much better."  Your guy loves you so much, and I'm sure his heart would be 100 times more broken if you didn't return his feelings or anything!  :-)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Just remember, your H chose YOU!!! :-)  My FI also dated someone before me, but thankfully it was YEARS before me and he got over her before he even met me.  Not the same situation by a long shot.  But anyway ... just put your trust in God and remember that your Husband is by YOUR side!! :-) 
    July 16, Our Wedding Day, is also International Juggling Day!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards