Christian Weddings
Options

Opinions on this possible shower dress

What do you think?

I'm a size 18 woman and blessed in the northern end of things... I have great shoes I could wear with this in either color, but leaning toward the ivory right now.  Is it modest enough for a busty woman?  Other opinions?  Want to help me shop?  Any opinions or alternative dress suggestions welcome!! :-)  
July 16, Our Wedding Day, is also International Juggling Day!

Re: Opinions on this possible shower dress

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Oooh it's really cute! I think it would look adorable!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    fpaemp2011fpaemp2011 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    It's cute!  I think I'd want to try it on, though.  Do the "bend check" in front of the mirror.  I know what you mean about the northern end.  Dresses that look high enough and long enough are just the tiniest bit too loose at the top.  Camis are my BFF, but I don't think one would work with that dress.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Gorgeous! Very bridal looking! You will look beautiful :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    revived86revived86 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It sounds like we have very similar body types- and I LOVE this dress. Classy yet fun and cute.

I think that the criss-cross of the fabric over the bust is up high enough that you shouldnt have too much of a cleavage problem. There's only going to be women at your shower anyway, though, right? lol...i honestly tend to think us christians can go a little too far with the whole modesty thing sometimes. It's just not the end of the world if people know you have a feminine body, that's all i mean.

The cut is also very flattering, too. Maybe go try it on at the store and post a pic for us?? i'd love to see you in it!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    iamjoesgurliamjoesgurl member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I like it but like Emily said, I'd try it on just to make sure that you like it on you.  Exciting!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I like it too! So funny - "The northern end" LOL! that made me giggle :) I am blessed on that end as well, its definitely good to try it on just in case!
  • Options
    azdancer8azdancer8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mmmm, yes, I know what you mean about the "northern end". I think the dress is lovely, and should be modest enough. :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Aw, thanks ladies!!!  I'm hoping to see it at Macy's this afternoon - gonna stop on my way home from work.  My mom actually loves it so far... Hopefully it will be there so I can try it on!!!  

I purchased a second dress from the as-is rack at David's Bridal for either rehearsal or shower, and this will be for the other of the two dresses that I need.  The one I got from DB is a sheath with a straight neckline and an empire waist and straps that we're sewing on.  The color of that one is "wisteria" which is like a darker version of lavender.  That one fit like a dream, we just have to take up the sides (under the arms) about 1/2 of an inch on both sides and add the straps.  

I guess what I mean by "modesty" is that I don't want to show my entire northern half, or the valley in the north... :-)  Most dress lengths I wear are just above the knee, and my mom definitely has always made me do the "sit test" to make sure I can sit without a southern exposure.  Can you tell I have a corny sense of humor?  Haha, I guess it comes with being a music teacher!! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If any of you ladies who are blessed on the northern end would like to loan me some of yours for my wedding day, I can PM you my address.  I am an A.  Yes, like the first letter of the alphabet, like I could go without a bra and no one would notice.   ;-)
    image imageimage image

My Blog

Anniversary

100/100 books read in 2012
    17/100 books read in 2013
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Aw, I'd love to, sessions... That might hurt a bit though.  You are beautiful, so don't let cup size be a negative.  There are many outfits I try on that I wish I was a bit less full... I guess the "grass is greener" mentality is at play here.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    omg yes, sometimes us well endowed women would love to be flat! LOL
  • Options
    fpaemp2011fpaemp2011 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    ohmygosh, you can have them!  I would have loved to have been able to shop in the Juniors department for more than 9th grade...and I hate to think what having kids is going to do. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I absolutely love that dress and it will look so gorgeous on you!!  And I think it's modest enough.  :)

I'm a 34B, and my sister is rather busty - as in very very busty - and she always jokes about giving me some.  I think I'll just stick with mine.  :P

CW Siggy : Favorite Flower
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Any and all God created. Each one is a masterpiece. :)

I'm married!! As of May 1st, 2011. :)

Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
       One of my bridesmaids chose this dress for our wedding.  I absolutely love the dress, but if you're concerned at all about cleavage, you may want to try it on before you buy it.  My bridesmaid doesn't have a very large cup size, but it is bigger than mine...which isn't really saying much.  I believe she is like a 34-36B.  Anyway, when she tried the dress on, it definitely amped up her cleavage, but I think she also tried it on in the smallest possible size that she could fit into.  David's Bridal does provide optional sew on straps with every strapless dress, so that could definitely help you out, but I would still highly recommend trying it on first, if you at all can.

Good luck!

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_opinions-this-possible-shower-dress?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:f4702e83-e6c3-4506-b221-d512f4c9763cPost:bbadc054-f815-4710-86d8-de5c721ac057">Re: Opinions on this possible shower dress</a>:
    [QUOTE]If any of you ladies who are blessed on the northern end would like to loan me some of yours for my wedding day, I can PM you my address.  I am an A.  Yes, like the first letter of the alphabet, like I could go without a bra and no one would notice.   ;-)
    Posted by sessionswedding[/QUOTE]

I second the motion.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Well I went looking for it, and of course they didn't have it in the store.  BUT I did try on a dress from Evan Picone that is a similar style (too small and the fabric was nearly see-through for $109, I want a dress that isn't see-through...).  I like how the shape looked on me.  So, then I tried on another dress by the same designer in my size and it fit just fine (probably have to take up the shoulders a bit, but my mom can do that).  

We may just order it and see.  It's returnable to our local store as far as we know, so we may just go for it... :-) 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Nice! I like it. As for the shoes- you should wear a pair that makes the dress pop- like a dark bronze or a blue or something- something different. Just an opinion, though. I think ivory would be very classy too! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sometimes I wish I was bigger on the northern end, but now I like me just the way I am!
    When you love someone, you can tell. When you're in love with someone, everyone else can tell.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards