Christian Weddings

I could use some prayers...

So a little background so that this one makes sense... FI and I met as we are in business together. We are both heavily involved in an internet business, informational marketting. This means our income is directly tied to a business we run over the net...

Today it seems my computer is on its last legs. My laptop has been acting a little funny lately. Just from yesterday to today I can notice a difference in how it runs... With the wedding coming up and some other things that have happened as of late (medical and the like) finances are pretty tight right now, careful budget..... so we don't exactly have cash lying around to buy a new computer... but as I said, no internet means no income...

So long story short, I could really use your prayers to help figure it all out, either how to keep this computer going, or how to financiallly cover the cost of a new one in our budget.

Thanks in advance :)

Re: I could use some prayers...

• DramaGeekDramaGeek member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Prayers!  Is it at all possible that you have a virus?  Also, is it your internet or your computer acting funny?  We thought our computer was having issues; turned out it was IE.  We switched to Chrome and solved the problem.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_could-use-prayers-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:f833e113-6887-4636-a76c-1610aa99a6baPost:5135f8f7-18f9-4eed-b44a-a57725b1629b">Re: I could use some prayers...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Prayers!  Is it at all possible that you have a virus?  Also, is it your internet or your computer acting funny?  We thought our computer was having issues; turned out it was IE.  We switched to Chrome and solved the problem.
    Posted by DramaGeek[/QUOTE]

Hope it works out....i know sometimes right before windows comes out with a new update my laptop starts slowing down drastically....and within a week or so the update shows up and fixes most everything! Praying its a simple thing like that for you, or that God would bless you with a new laptop!

May 2012 July Siggy: Favorite Vacation Spot Kaleden, BC
    July Fave Vacation Spot photo IMG_0268-1.jpg

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    My Blog:Through My Eyes

• FaithCaitlinFaithCaitlin member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Praying!!

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • BMcLeodTeamBMcLeodTeam member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Unfortunately it doesn't look like it will be a quick fix. FBIL is a comp tech, he says that my computer is running hotter than it should, and essentially its frying the motherboard. He told me to back everything up ASAP because he can't guarantee how much longer it will turn on...
  • edited December 2011
    can you put an external fan on it?? Thats what we did with my parents old laptop, put it on blocks so its not sitting on a surface and put a small fan blowing at it. (and thier old computer, but that thing was actually a piece of junk...although it ran with the external fan for about 4 years). Its not a long term fix but can help speed things up while you are trying to back everything up etc. (and maybe get a few more weeks/months of life out of it)

May 2012 July Siggy: Favorite Vacation Spot Kaleden, BC
    July Fave Vacation Spot photo IMG_0268-1.jpg

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    My Blog:Through My Eyes

• edited December 2011
    Try the external fan, it will help. And don't put it on soft surfaces.  I burned out my old laptop because I put it on the ottoman. Frown Soft surfaces trap the heat in it and can cause it to heat up faster... your lap can be a soft surface.
    My blog
    "I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, My soul shall be joyful in my God; For He has clothed me with the garments of salvation, He has covered me with the robe of righteousness, As a bridegroom decks himself with ornaments, And as a bride adorns herself with her jewels." -Isaiah 61:10 NKJV
  • edited December 2011
    Sorry to hear this. I will say a prayer. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards