Christian Weddings
Options

Please pray for my mom

Yesterday at the hospital (my mom is a nurse) my mom was running to an emergency and twisted her knee while rounding a corner.  She had to leave her shift, go to the Employee Health nurse (it's like the school nurse of a hospital, lol), go to the ER, and go home early.  In the ER she was told that she may have a torn miniscus, which would require surgery.  They put her in a leg brace from her ankle to her upper thigh and gave her crutches and some loratab (which she says is barely touching the pain and making her sick, so she stopped taking them at about midnight).

She was supposed to work today for her last shift before the wedding.  Instead, my dad left work early this morning and they are taking her right now to the Employee Health doctor downtown - which is just a formality for woker's comp's sake - and they'll probably send her from there to the orthopedic surgeon.

My mom is really sad that she'll probably be in crutches coming down the aisle and most likely won't be able to dance at the wedding.  We're hoping and literally praying that it's just a sprain and some ice, elevation, relaxation, and a cortisone shot will have her back on her feet (ish) by Saturday.

Please pray for a full recovery for my mom.  We really don't want this to turn out ot be a long term thing.  And we REALLY want her to be able to dance at the wedding.  TIA, ladies.

image imageimage image

My Blog

Anniversary

100/100 books read in 2012
17/100 books read in 2013

Re: Please pray for my mom

• Options
    iamjoesgurliamjoesgurl member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    UGH!  That's such a bummer.  I'll say a prayer that she will recover quickly!!

By the way, YOU ARE GETTING MARRIED THIS WEEKEND!!!!  I can't believe it is already here.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    praying for a quick recovery!! are you feeling better? horray for your wedding weekend

June 2012 December Siggy Challenge: Favorite Things about Christmas image
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Planning Bio Updated 10/24/2011
  • Options
    FaithCaitlinFaithCaitlin member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011

Oh no!! I will be praying! Please keep us updated.

In the meantime, hang in there!

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    Purple&7Purple&7 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Praying!
  • Options
    mrandmrsbristmrandmrsbrist member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Praying!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    2010: 41 books, 2011: 31 books, 2012: 100 books
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks guys!  Yeah, I'm getting married this weekend.  SO FAST!  Lol.  As for how I'm feeling, my throat is better and my ulcer over my wisdom tooth is gone.  But whatever was on my tongue is STILL THERE!  It's been almost two weeks.  The physician's assistant at the urgent care center said it was a type of virus brought on by stress.  My mom thinks it's a small patch of thrush - which can be brought on by stress.  If it's still there after the return from the HM, I'm going to the doctor about it.  I have little to no taste or feeling on that little patch of my tongue most of the time.  Scary.

Mom update XP from my month board:

My mom went to the employee health doctor today, which was a complete waste of time.  All they basically did was look at her knee and go "yep, you're injured," verify her for Worker's Comp, and make her an appointment with the orthopedic surgeon for tomorrow afternoon.

Tomorrow is my last day of work before the wedding, and I get off half day at 11:00 a.m.  I was originally supposed to go after work to DB to pick up my dress from getting steamed, then go to my mom's house to help her cook the food she was making for the reception.  (We are all self-catering the buffet.)  NOT ANYMORE!  She has an appointment with the orthopedic doc at 2:35 p.m. AT THE HOSPITAL I will have just left from.  Lol.  LOL.  Lol.  Trying to laugh about it.  She can't drive with that brace on her leg, so I have to go pick her up.  Which also changes the ENTIRE logistics of the wedding day as my mom was supposed to be driving me to the church to get ready on the day of the wedding. But WHATEVER.

Anyway, there is some good news.  And it starts with bad news.  FSIL lost her job at the end of last week.  She is a mortgage broker and the company she was working for closed her office.  Luckily she's apparently awesome and has already gotten five other job offers.  She's decided that she won't start a new job until the Monday after the wedding so that she wound up with the whole week of the wedding off so she could help out.  Love my FSIL much?  Yes, yes I do.  So I called her from work this afternoon.

"Hey [FSIL], remember how you told me you'd be available to help this week if something came up?  Well..."

I told her that my mom was gonna make 2 hams and like 5 roasts for the carving station.  My mom asked me to ask her if she could take over the hams.  FSIL was like, "OH NO!  Bring it all.  Bring me all the food.  I will cook everything.  You just tell your mom to get better!"  So that rocks.  :)  Let's just hope we can get my mom better.
    image imageimage image

My Blog

Anniversary

100/100 books read in 2012
    17/100 books read in 2013
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That's so awesome that you have such a great FSIL!!  I can't believe you're already getting married!!  AHHHH!!  Prayers are coming your way for your mom!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards