Christian Weddings
Options

Buying postage online through USPS question

Hey ladies -- My mom and I are about to buy our postage for the invitations (WHEEEE!!!) but we were looking online today and couldn't find the postcard postage (going up to 30 cents starting Monday from what I understand).  

There wasn't even an option to buy the 28 cent postcard postage and add a 2 cent stamp.  No postcard postage online at all.  Am I missing something, or do you think USPS will add it back to the website?  

This is the first time I've looked on USPS's site to buy stamps before, so I just wanted to check with y'all about the postcard stamp.  We'd prefer to do it online if it's possible!
July 16, Our Wedding Day, is also International Juggling Day!

Re: Buying postage online through USPS question

• Options
    GJones27GJones27 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hmm... I'd wait until Monday then.  I bought postcard stamps at the actual post office.  You might want to ask them about it.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ah I'm being impatient, too.  I'll check on Monday online, and call them just in case.  Our local post office isn't always the easiest to deal with.  We found the 44 cent stamps online that we want, so we may just buy those online and get the postcard ones in store if we have to! 
  • Options
    iamjoesgurliamjoesgurl member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    When I was working on my invitations and looking for postcard postage, I talked to a lady in my church who works for the PO.  She said that at that time I wouldn't find any postcard stamps online and my option was to get them at the PO and there were only two options - polar bears and something else.  I decided that my guests wouldn't really care so I opted for the polar bears.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Good point, Lisa!  We wanted the white roses for the outside stamp, but since the guests will see the RSVP card all of a few minutes before they mail it off, I guess it won't matter much what it looks like!  We just don't like dealing with our local PO, they don't keep a LOT of any designs in stock, and we thought it'd be a nice touch for all of the stamps to be the same... oh well, minute detail.  We'll figure it out soon!! :-) 
  • Options
    twixinthemixtwixinthemix member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    As of Monday (like in 30 minutes!) the cost for postcards is going up to 29 cents from 28 cents.  They no longer sell the polar bears (finally!!!  I had to use them for my vintage postcard STD's and hated them!).  They are now herbs, and look really pretty!  You won't need to buy additional postage as long as you buy a 29 cent stamp!

2012 Reading Challenge

2012 Reading Challenge
    Erin has read 1 book toward her goal of 25 books.
    hide
    Follow Me on Pinterest Married Bio and For Sale! Updated 12/23
    "And now you stand before me today, and with all my heart I say, that you are God's miracle to me." June 18th, 2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks, Twix!!  I'm on spring break this week so I may jump off to the post office after I finish dying my hair for the last time before the wedding... :-) 
  • Options
    kitkat610kitkat610 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I found the herb 29 cent ones online. I just did a search for the books of stamps. Now, on to putting them on the invitations. This was the las thing I was waiting on.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards