November 2012 Weddings
Options

Sunless Tanning

I know that some of you have done the spray tan and I was wondering which type of spray tan you used? I looked up the mystic tan and have seen mixed reviews. Is there a type that anyone recommends? TIA!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Sunless Tanning

• Options
    lls31lls31 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited October 2012
    I would do airbrush (an actual person sprays you).  A friend of mine did Mystic (a machine sprays you) and she looked horrible and very unnatural.  

My MUA uses Fake Bake when she does airbrush tans and I love it.
    21811_10151174643987291_1046283999_n_zpsddfa358c Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Yeah the Mystic had some mixed reviews. I will search around here for airbrush tanning. Thanks!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I second the airbrush tanning
  • Options
    In general, I mystic tan, but it's far from perfect. Even tho I do it a lot and kinda know the little tricks, I still mess up sometimes. Case in point, I went Tuesday... Perfect... Except! Somehow I got both my thumbs all streaky. Both! What did I do? I dunno... Lol Big deal? Not really, I can exfoliate my hands a lot, it's ok - but it would SUCK for wedding when attention will be paid to my hands. So, for the wedding, I (a regular mystic tanner) will be doing AIRBRUSH. I would go do it once before tho to see if you like it.
  • Options
    I did airbrush tanning with the lady at my hair salon before my engagement shoot and boudoir, as well as other times in the past, and love it and the results in pictures 
    imageNovember 2012 November Siggy Challenge - Venue!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I was just going to post this question? How far in advance before the wedding day should I get a spray tan?

thanks!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_november-2012-weddings_sunless-tanning?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:46c2f53c-680c-4532-aa96-4cca92890b59Discussion:0708202a-66b8-40af-a753-8829d3d48cc7Post:1010e006-0aa5-46a2-a447-b3e483e78558">Re: Sunless Tanning</a>:
    [QUOTE]I was just going to post this question? How far in advance before the wedding day should I get a spray tan? thanks!
    Posted by abollen30[/QUOTE]

<div>My wedding is on a Friday and I made an appointment for an airbrush tan for that Wednesday.</div>
    21811_10151174643987291_1046283999_n_zpsddfa358c Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Definitely do a trial before wedding time. I did an airbrush tan a couple of weeks ago to try it out. I thought I loved it at first but then I noticed how unnatural, uneven and dirty it looked on my hands..which will be in alot of wedding pictures! I could probably have her do it lighter to alliviate this a little, but I don't want to risk it because I was really uncomfortable with how I looked. As for timeline...mine looked best two to three days after I had it done. Just don't scrub your skin at all after and moisturize ALOT! It started getting dry and flaky in some areas after about 4 days. Other areas took a couple of weeks before I could scrub it all off.
    "When life hands you lemons, make a beef stew." Andy Milinokis
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards