November 2012 Weddings

So excited yet so stressed

I am nearing the 3 month date and realize that I still have so much to do but have so much done.  My biggest stress right now is trying to figure out a schedule for the wedding day.  I can't get into my  hall until the day of to decorate and that is making me so stressful just thinking that I won't be there decorating (my family is going to do it) and everyone that is going to will mess it all up.  Ahhhhhh......stress stress stress and pictures have to be around noon and no later then 1 at the latest and some that are decorating are in the wedding party.  I really wish that we could afford a wedding decorator but they are not cheap as well.  Does anyone else feel this stressful.

Re: So excited yet so stressed

• Yup, big ol stressball here too ;)  I'm stressing over getting in shape and finishing my DIY projects, pre-wedding get-togethers and almost every weekend from here on out having something going on...AHHHHH! ;)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I'm not as bad as I was a few weeks ago when we hit the 3 month mark (and when we hit 99 days). I had a few break downs and was crying for no reason because of it. I'm doing better now. I still have some DIY projects, but my FI keeps reminding me that our hall is so beautiful that if I don't have all these little things, the wedding will still be beautiful. :)
    imageNovember Board Siggy - The Venue!
    Photobucket
    The Great Hall at Sunriver Resort, Sunriver, Oregon
    243 Invited image
    172 Can't wait image
    71 Are missing out image

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Oh star, if I could only give you a hug and a friendly giggle.... Really no need to stress. Just take a deep breath and always remember, it's only a day, a nice party for your friends and family, and ultimately, and most important, the day you marry the love of your life. The party and friends are just the icing on the day. Now, that said...here's what I would do for your decorating team. 1. Appoint a "head decorator." Make this the most meticulous person, and/or the person you think has the best design idea. Meet with them beforehand and ensure they have/understand your vision. 2. Make things as easy and straightforward as possible. Pack items needed for each table by table. Depending on what you need, box or bag them up, along with a picture for what it should look like. 3. For the overall venue, print your inspiration pictures for them to to by. Your head decorator should already get this, but having a good idea about where you need to be will help everyone. 4. Do a dry run on how long it takes to set up all your elements. I've seen some beautiful ideas executed, and when asking how long it takes to set up, am surprised how long they can take. Just make sure what you want to do is possible in the timeframe you need. Ensure you have enough people to do "X" things in that time. 5. Give people tasks to do, with a list. If possible, have them repeat So, for example, have specific people work on all the tables (they will get faster each time), a person do the reception and head table, etc. I will say this, if people aren't guided well, no matter how many there are, they will mill around, unsure what to do or where to step in. 6. And...if you are especially anal (like me), use all this information as a timeline for people to go by For example: team 1...tables...1:15 complete first table. 1:30 complete second table...etc. 7. Stop in, or check in by phone, every once in a while to ensure your vision is close Have the head designer send pictures every so often. If you strongly oppose something, call her and tell her what she needs the helpers to change. I'd guess there should be more communication upfront, then waning off as people are more comfortable with what they are doing. I know a lot of that seems really task and detail oriented, but ultimately, it's what you'd be paying a designer to do (and what they would do), but you will be in a different location. Mostly I'd say relax. Only you know what "perfection" will be. Pick your battles and don't stress the little things. Btw, I am at 2.5 Montserrat left, have barely started, and laugh more about this as a project than any other I have been behind on. Either I'll fail hugely, or succeed...we'll see I suppose. I nope either way a it will be memorable :). If it helps give you a giggle or calm you a little, you can click through my blog at http://threemonthweddingplan.com. After that, I think you will feel fine ;) Best!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

How am I doing in my attempt to plan this thing in three months? I'm sharing all the good and bad with you, *somewhat unfiltered.*
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_november-2012-weddings_so-excited-yet-so-stressed?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:46c2f53c-680c-4532-aa96-4cca92890b59Discussion:35452121-0d12-4b1a-9c90-b8909e64c918Post:e01bf911-bdd4-4ddb-9bd3-e163ff34f0c9">Re: So excited yet so stressed</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh star, if I could only give you a hug and a friendly giggle.... Really no need to stress. Just take a deep breath and always remember, it's only a day, a nice party for your friends and family, and ultimately, and most important, the day you marry the love of your life. The party and friends are just the icing on the day. Now, that said...here's what I would do for your decorating team. 1. Appoint a "head decorator." Make this the most meticulous person, and/or the person you think has the best design idea. Meet with them beforehand and ensure they have/understand your vision. 2. Make things as easy and straightforward as possible. Pack items needed for each table by table. Depending on what you need, box or bag them up, along with a picture for what it should look like. 3. For the overall venue, print your inspiration pictures for them to to by. Your head decorator should already get this, but having a good idea about where you need to be will help everyone. 4. Do a dry run on how long it takes to set up all your elements. I've seen some beautiful ideas executed, and when asking how long it takes to set up, am surprised how long they can take. Just make sure what you want to do is possible in the timeframe you need. Ensure you have enough people to do "X" things in that time. 5. Give people tasks to do, with a list. If possible, have them repeat So, for example, have specific people work on all the tables (they will get faster each time), a person do the reception and head table, etc. I will say this, if people aren't guided well, no matter how many there are, they will mill around, unsure what to do or where to step in. 6. And...if you are especially anal (like me), use all this information as a timeline for people to go by <strong>For example: team 1...tables...1:15 complete first table. 1:30 complete second table...etc.</strong> 7. Stop in, or check in by phone, every once in a while to ensure your vision is close Have the head designer send pictures every so often. If you strongly oppose something, call her and tell her what she needs the helpers to change. I'd guess there should be more communication upfront, then waning off as people are more comfortable with what they are doing. I know a lot of that seems really task and detail oriented, but ultimately, it's what you'd be paying a designer to do (and what they would do), but you will be in a different location. Mostly I'd say relax. Only you know what "perfection" will be. Pick your battles and don't stress the little things. Btw, I am at 2.5 Montserrat left, have barely started, and laugh more about this as a project than any other I have been behind on. Either I'll fail hugely, or succeed...we'll see I suppose. I nope either way a it will be memorable :). If it helps give you a giggle or calm you a little, you can click through my blog at <a href="http://threemonthweddingplan.com." rel="nofollow">http://threemonthweddingplan.com.</a> After that, I think you will feel fine ;) Best!
    Posted by lrichmtg[/QUOTE]

Good suggestions.  With the bolded you could also have half the people unfold the chairs and tables, the other half then arrange them, then progress to 2 people put the linens on, 1 person put out the centerpieces right behind them, another do napkins and favors, another 2 lay out the head table.  Etc.  It'll all come together nicely in the end. 
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker image
    My BFP Chart
    || Ovulation Calendar image #1 BFP May 24/2012 - EDD Jan 21/2013 - M/C May 31/2012 #2 BFP Feb 5/2013 - EDD Oct 16/2013
  • Try not to stress too much, but I so understand.  I have to decoarte the hall (and I only have 1 person to help... my day of helper).  Luckily all I have to do is set up tables, put on linens and set up my DIY stuff.  I think as of right now I decided to hire my florist to deliver and set up the centerpieces.  I am hoping it all comes toghter smoothly as I only have that day of to set up and decorate.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • I'm so grateful that my venue and my florist are doing all the decorating for me! I would be so stressed if I had to organize all that!
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Visit NewOrleans.Weddings.com

Nov '12 September Siggy - Bridesmaids!
    bridesmaids-2
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards