November 2012 Weddings

Online RSVP

Has anyone else used the your personal wedding website for RSVP's?  I thought this would be a good idea and easy with everyone being so technology driven these days.  Unfortunately it has been a huge disaster!  I have gotten several comments from people saying they couldn't RSVP or they were having trouble with it or they just don't understand the directions.  Looks like I will just be having to make a bunch of phone calls to confirm my head count.

Re: Online RSVP

• I'm using it and so far haven't heard anything from anyone having issues. I put on my RSVP's to do it online or to call, so who knows, I might get a lot of calls. So far no issues, though. 
    imageNovember Board Siggy - The Venue!
    Photobucket
    The Great Hall at Sunriver Resort, Sunriver, Oregon
    243 Invited image
    172 Can't wait image
    71 Are missing out image

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I've heard nothing but bad things about it on here.  The Knot is extremely glitchy.  I would never rely on TK's wedding website for RSVPs.

Also, what if a guest doesn't have/use a computer?  I know we have many older guests who would have no idea what to do if we asked them to RSVP online.
    21811_10151174643987291_1046283999_n_zpsddfa358c Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
  • Leenie10Leenie10 member
    First Comment
    edited September 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_november-2012-weddings_online-rsvp?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:46c2f53c-680c-4532-aa96-4cca92890b59Discussion:54c10762-026e-478b-baa5-2aba14b32021Post:6e1a723a-27c1-451e-9dfb-8f40f34cfa9f">Re: Online RSVP</a>:
    [QUOTE]I've heard nothing but bad things about it on here.  The Knot is extremely glitchy. <strong> I would never rely on TK's wedding website for RSVPs.</strong> Also, what if a guest doesn't have/use a computer?  I know we have many older guests who would have no idea what to do if we asked them to RSVP online.
    Posted by lls31[/QUOTE]

I think she meant she used a personal website for RSVPs, not necessarily the KNOT, but I'm not sure.

OP, we're doing ours the old fashioned way, so we have to rely on the good old USPS (not always reliable either, last year I received a Christmas package for a friend back on my doorstep months after the holidays were over). You're probably right about making calls - better safe than sorry!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_november-2012-weddings_online-rsvp?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:46c2f53c-680c-4532-aa96-4cca92890b59Discussion:54c10762-026e-478b-baa5-2aba14b32021Post:23138250-a4a6-4e78-ab21-e0f3d60994b1">Online RSVP</a>:
    [QUOTE]Has anyone else used the your personal wedding website for RSVP's?  I thought this would be a good idea and easy with everyone being so technology driven these days.  Unfortunately it has been a huge disaster!  I have gotten several comments from people saying they couldn't RSVP or they were having trouble with it or they just don't understand the directions. <strong> Looks like I will just be having to make a bunch of phone calls to confirm my head count.</strong>
    Posted by aa1293[/QUOTE]

I think no matter what method you use for RSVPs you will need to call people to find out the final head count...also, what if someone doesn't have a computer?
  • I gave my guests the option of mailing back the RSVP card with a pre-paid envelope or RSVP'ing online through my wedding website on TheKnot and haven't had any problems so far. I had a few people who when they first received a save the date visited the website and tried to RSVP but since I hadn't uploaded my guest list they were being told they couldn't be found. When they got in touch with me I just reminded them that the save the date did mention a formal invitation would follow and by that time I would have the guest list uploaded and ready for RSVP's :)
    imageNovember 2012 November Siggy Challenge - Venue!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We are doing online RSVP's through our wedding website (mywedding.com) and have no issues so far. I didn't have to upload a guest list or anything like that, just had to "turn on" the page. Most everyone who we invited uses a computer and the few who don't (just one pair of grandparents) we already know will attend for sure. But we are still waiting for about half of our guests to RSVP and the due date is October 1st. Sorry you are having issues with yours!! But I do think with either method you choose you will have to be calling people who just don't RSVP.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_november-2012-weddings_online-rsvp?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:46c2f53c-680c-4532-aa96-4cca92890b59Discussion:54c10762-026e-478b-baa5-2aba14b32021Post:6e1a723a-27c1-451e-9dfb-8f40f34cfa9f">Re: Online RSVP</a>:
    [QUOTE]I've heard nothing but bad things about it on here.  The Knot is extremely glitchy.  I would never rely on TK's wedding website for RSVPs. <strong>Also, what if a guest doesn't have/use a computer?  I know we have many older guests who would have no idea what to do if we asked them to RSVP online.</strong>
    Posted by lls31[/QUOTE]

<div>That's why most people also put a phone number on them. We put to RSVP online or to call and gave them my number. </div>
    imageNovember Board Siggy - The Venue!
    Photobucket
    The Great Hall at Sunriver Resort, Sunriver, Oregon
    243 Invited image
    172 Can't wait image
    71 Are missing out image

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We seem to have some that did not come back through the post office.  I think with a large guest list there are going to be a couple of issues.  Good luck :)
  • Ok so I feel dumb now.  I just figured out how to add a guest list so hopefully itt will be easier for my guests.  Look who is the technology challenged now.....lol
  • I did the online RSVP route, money was too tight for extra postage that there was no guarentee would be used anyway ;)  And we didn't want any write-ins of children or extra guests ;)  I'm still having to make a bunch of calls... I have the cutoff date as Oct 1 since I need to get the floorplan in and all that and track people down, that's just a few days away and I haven't heard from half, kinda bummed :/  Ready to get a move on this next step though, that way we can get more stuff finalized!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards