What kind of cake are you having?

What kind of cake is everybody having?

I just finalized our cake. 

4 tiered square cake

12 inch bottom - carrot cake with cream cheese filling
10 inch on top - almond sour cream cake with raspberry buttercream filling
then 8 inch - chocolate pound cake with kahlua fudge buttercream filling
then top 6 inch layer - marble pound with cookies and cream buttercream filling

My mother is making her dark fruit cake as a "side" or maybe grooms cake and that will be decorated to match the main cake too. 

It'll all be decorated with chocolate brown ribbon, sparkly brooches in the from of each ribbon, scrollwork piping and some fresh flowers.  Not sure about a topper yet, maybe just flowers.

Drooling now 
BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker image
My BFP Chart
|| Ovulation Calendar image #1 BFP May 24/2012 - EDD Jan 21/2013 - M/C May 31/2012 #2 BFP Feb 5/2013 - EDD Oct 16/2013

Re: What kind of cake are you having?

• My cake will be a 3 square-tiered lemon cake with a light lemon buttercream icing.  It will be iced in a creamy color and piped with dark red.  No cake topper, just our initials on the top layer in icing.

The grooms cake will be a strawberry two tier round cake iced to resemble a baseball (it will have icing that looks like baseball stitching)

Anniversary
  • We're doing cupcakes. There will be a mix of almond cake with strawberry buttercream in the middle, dark chocolate with chocolate ganache, and banana!

We're doing a small top round cake for anniversary purposes and I think it's going to be boring old chocolate cake w/ white frosting because that's what FI loves.
  • We're having a four tierd round cake.  Two layers are chocolate with raspberry filling.  Two are white with lemon filling.  Frosting will be white with red accents.  Not sure about the details.  No topper.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • We are having a 4-tier cake (round but asymmetrical) and it will be rum buttercream and rum cake. It's so yummy that I could taste it!
  • we're doing a five layer spiral staggered (stair step?) cake, it'll all be with white buttercream frosting but each layer will be flavored without being colored :)  We'll have white cake for the bottom, chocolate for the second, strawberry for the third, and orange (our favorite) for the top two.  We got a great deal since the cakes will be smaller, they're considered 'birthday cake' size, and since there's no traditional stacking, it cost a LOT less ;D  

This is the basic idea, only no candles, we'll have fall garlands wrapped around the stands, and decorated in our colors of course :D

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • We're doing cupcakes! We get to choose up to 6 flavors haven't decided yet because we don't have to finalize it until October. But we're getting 6 dozen normal size cupcakes, teir rental, and 2 jumbo cupcakes for FI I and I'm going to see if it's possible to decorate them as a bride groom since we won't have a cake topper lol.
  • 3 tiered square spice cake with caramel filling and vanilla buttercream with plum colored border. There will also be silver snowflakes made out of fondant. Grooms cake is almond with buttercream and is a Red Sox design.
  • KMck27KMck27 member
    First Comment
    All of these cakes sound Amazing!!! Our cake is 5 tier with buttercream frosting. We went with 3 flavors Pumpkin with a spiced nutella filling my pick it was delish!! , butter pound for those who aren't into flavored cake, and a raspberry poundgrooms pick, he couldn't have enough of it!. The design we went with is simple with a few fall leaves on 3 tiers. Can't wait for the end result. :
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards