July 2012 Weddings
Options

My SURPRISE shower PIP AW

My family and friends pulled off the most unbelievable surprise shower for me yesterday.  For MONTHS they all had convinced me my shower was the following Sunday (MDW).  The lengths that everyone went to to keep this a surprise was just crazy.

My mom had told me that the restaurant she booked the shower in had given her free lunch vouchers so that we could come in and pick out the menu.  That was how she got me to the restaurant... I was completely clueless, so when I walked into a room filled with my family friends I pretty much sh*t myself.

My mom, FMIL, and BMs worked so hard and it was such a fun afternoon.  I'm truly blessed and humbled by the extreme generosity of everyone.. even people that could not come.

My one BM put my FI's face on everything she gave us... it was hilarious

My BP

My RBs (nephews)... their shirts say "ring security" on the back.. it was adorable

Follow Me on Pinterest
Kate's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

Re: My SURPRISE shower PIP AW

• Options
    awwww!!!! that is amazing!! I'm glad you had a great time!!!!
  • Options
    Nati05Nati05 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    What a fun shower!!! I'm glad you had so much fun! That FI picture thing is hilarious lol
  • Options
    awh you looked great :)  Now you can just spend MDW down the shore :)
    Visit The Nest! BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_my-surprise-shower-pip-aw?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:5004e008-9305-4112-aa95-376dd88e0f8cPost:f25c8f75-545e-4181-9980-715913704528">Re: My SURPRISE shower PIP AW</a>:
    [QUOTE]awh you looked great :)  <strong>Now you can just spend MDW down the shore :)</strong>
    Posted by LADY324[/QUOTE]

Exactly!!  hahaha
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Kate's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    Yay!!! I'm happy for you and glad they were able to keep it a surprise. And I LOVE the saying on the back of those shirts haha.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    How fun!!!!
    doggie Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I love the idea of putting your FI's face on the gifts. I'm totally stealing that for the next shower I'm going to.

I don't think a surprise shower would ever work for me- just because I never really 'dress up' unless it's for something specific. Like, I'd end up being in a pair of daisy dukes and a white tank. Haha!

I'm glad you had fun!!

Anxiously awaiting baby #1! Baby BOY Due: May 30, 2013! Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Options
    Wow how fun! I'm glad they were able to pull off the surprise!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    YAY! I am glad you have a good time.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Awww that's so fun!! Love the ring bearers and their shirts, hahaha. You look fabulous!!!
  • Options
    Yay! How exciting :-)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    That's soooo awesome! I am so happy for you! And you looked gorgeous, despite it being a surprised! As mbody said, I'd end up unshowered, without my hair brushed, without makeup on if I didn't know I had to be "dressed up"!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    It didn't matter that I had showered and blown out my hair because it was SO HOT in the room and we were all a sweaty mess by the end of the party.

Also, my mom bought me that pink dress so I was able to change... I had purchased another dress for the shower, so I was kinda sad I didn't get to wear it.  The pink dress was OK, but not what I would have picked.  But it was def better than what I walked in wearing haha.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Love the pics and that they were able to surprise you!! And I really like that pink dress! It's so pretty :)
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    YAY that is so awesome!  And also very funny since just last week you told us that your mom spilled the suprise beans :)

• Options
    Yay! That's awesome that they were able to get you surprised like that.

Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards