November 2012 Weddings

How was your week?

Happy Friday! Feels like it's been a bit quiet here on the board the past couple days. Does anyone want to share what they did this week? Or what they have plans of accomplishing this weekend?

I am kind of in that lull where there is nothing for me to do right now. Browsed this week for bridesmaid dresses but didn't find anything we liked. Supposed to go with all of the girls at the end of May, but I was hoping to narrow it down to 2 or 3 choices so when we all went it would make the decision easier. Also had our marriage counceling with the church last weekend and had to cancel because we were both really sick. Really bummed out because we won't be able to do it now until October and I'm freaked out that that is only one short month before the wedding day!

Found out my dress's estimated ship date is July 30 so I can't wait to get it!!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: How was your week?

• I found out that my dress is here, so i have 2 weeks to go pick it up, which i am happy about! I started running this week, preparing for our half marathon in October, i thought i was going to die! lol, talked with pearls place regarding bridesmaid dresses, we are going to order by June 1st (unless my bridesmaids give me their sizes early) Finished my veil this week and restarted working on my cake topper!
  • lls31lls31 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    This week kind of sucked, to be honest.  Nothing going on wedding related.  I'm just very overwhelmed at work and just exhausted in general.  I've been too tired to work out and too tired to cook, so I'm feeling like crap and my body hates me.  Life has been non-stop and I'm just really burnt out.  I can't wait until this weekend.  I have nothing planned and it will be glorious!
    21811_10151174643987291_1046283999_n_zpsddfa358c Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
  • Have size charts back from all my OOT BMs so I'm ordering the BM dresses tomorrow! 

Brainstorming flowers tonight with FMIL since she has offered to pay for them (which is awesome because it frees up room in my budget for a vintage get-away car).

My biggest issue right now is that I cannot focus when I am in the office, all I want to do is wedding stuff!  It has been a slow month, but this is all going to catch up with me soon, so I need to find some way to wedding time from work time.
    We Do - Since November 3, 2012
  • Been busy with work this week. I'm a part-time personal trainer (apart from my full time desk job), and ended up covering for one of the other trainers this week, so I was able to pick up 2 extra days...which will make my next paycheck nice!

Wedding wise this week - FI boked our honeymoon flights, scheduled our engagement photo session for the end of June, and will be meeting with my seamstress this afternoon to start the 2nd round of alterations on the dress!

FI is working all weekend, so hoping to get some wedding crafting...centerpieces & veil...started and/or done this weekend.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • This week was actually fairly successful for me.  I was VERY behind on a lot of wedding stuff, but as of this week we have our music booked, ordered save-the-dates, ordered my dress (!!!), and narrowed down BM dresses.  Now I just have to decide on a photographer and then I think we should be good to go.

I am a bit frustrated with 2 of my 5 BMs however.  I decided on who I wanted in my BP over a month ago and have asked 3 of them so far.  The other 2 however have just been so busy that they haven't been able to meet up with me yet.  All I want to do is tell them that I want them to be my BMs and they can't make the time even for a quick lunch, ugh.  Very frustrating and it's making me second guess my decision seeing as how they can't even pull it together for a quick lunch just so I can ask them in person. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited April 2012
    I am so happy this work week is almost over. I don't know what's up with me, but I've been lazy and unmotivated, which is so bad.

Tonight 2 of my BMs are coming over for wine and laughs! We'll be going through all our college till now photo albums to pull pictures for my Dad's slide show, so that will be fun.

Tomorrow I MUST hit the gym (Sunday too!) and then have a pedicure scheduled before we go to a fundraiser.

Sunday I hope we can find an outfit for FI to wear for our engagement pics next weekend and maybe a wedding craft

• kfraskfras member
    First Comment
    edited April 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_november-2012-weddings_how-was-your-week?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:46c2f53c-680c-4532-aa96-4cca92890b59Discussion:6517076f-a69d-4ea3-a93a-a26bbd7d0788Post:c4e86ac0-48f1-4b42-bcd0-245cce05e640">Re: How was your week?</a>:
    [QUOTE]. I am a bit frustrated with 2 of my 5 BMs however.  I decided on who I wanted in my BP over a month ago and have asked 3 of them so far.  The other 2 however have just been so busy that they haven't been able to meet up with me yet.  All I want to do is tell them that I want them to be my BMs and they can't make the time even for a quick lunch, ugh.  Very frustrating and it's making me second guess my decision seeing as how they can't even pull it together for a quick lunch just so I can ask them in person. 
    Posted by puresugaar[/QUOTE]

I am sorry to hear that. I have a friend who I used to be very close with and though we still talked occasionally, we never get to hang out due to busy schedules. A little after I got engaged, I kept trying to call her to make plans to get together for dinner or something, I really wanted to ask her to be a BM. She never answered my calls, would text me back, and then was always busy when I would ask her to hang out. Finally made plans with her and went over her house one afternoon and we got lunch together. Asked her to be in the BP, and she said no. I couldn't believe it. I was stressing out about asking her because I knew I hadn't seen her in a while, but I figured what the heck, just do it, she's not going to say no. And she did, I couldn't believe it. The worst is that her reasoning was that she is in another girl's wedding in May, and wouldn't be able to do both. Just angers me because the other girl got engaged 2 months after me, and I would have been able to ask her first if she just made the time for me. I took it as a sign though, they maybe it is time to finally severe the friendship. Of course I hope it goes WAY better for you!!!!! This was just my experience, seeing that she couldn't make the time for me to even be able to ask her should have been the first red flag for me, :/
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My week has been kind of crappy but went by super fast. Been stressed about work and interviewed for a job I really wanted and thought I nailed it but after days of calling and hearing nothing back it's safe to assume I didn't get it :( FI and I have also had a week of stressing about AFTER wedding life, if we're going to move across country, what we're going to do about money, ect ect. On top of that, I help take care of my grandfather with Parkinson's and he's been doing really bad lately. He fell yesterday and may have broken some ribs even though he's been staying at a rehab place. So I might have to be staying with him nights because apparently the staff can't handle a simple bed alarm...all very stressful.
    Needless to say, wedding stuff has kind of helped me keep my head. I was getting super behind on my dozens of DIY  projects and to get my mind off of all these things I've been working on a lot of them and got a ton done. One of my most dreaded projects is cleaning and removing the labels of the 30+ wine bottles and 50+ beer bottles, and now I have them all done! Took me like 3 days haha...now I'm going to work on cutting some of these, that's not so fun a project either but I've had a few successes!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_november-2012-weddings_how-was-your-week?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:46c2f53c-680c-4532-aa96-4cca92890b59Discussion:6517076f-a69d-4ea3-a93a-a26bbd7d0788Post:7ed7546c-3db1-4a9e-9e1b-da2989571585">Re: How was your week?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: How was your week? : I am sorry to hear that. I have a friend who I used to be very close with and though we still talked occasionally, we never get to hang out due to busy schedules. A little after I got engaged, I kept trying to call her to make plans to get together for dinner or something, I really wanted to ask her to be a BM. She never answered my calls, would text me back, and then was always busy when I would ask her to hang out. Finally made plans with her and went over her house one afternoon and we got lunch together. Asked her to be in the BP, and she said no. I couldn't believe it. I was stressing out about asking her because I knew I hadn't seen her in a while, but I figured what the heck, just do it, she's not going to say no. And she did, I couldn't believe it. The worst is that her reasoning was that she is in another girl's wedding in May, and wouldn't be able to do both. Just angers me because the other girl got engaged 2 months after me, and I would have been able to ask her first if she just made the time for me. I took it as a sign though, they maybe it is time to finally severe the friendship. Of course I hope it goes WAY better for you!!!!! This was just my experience, seeing that she couldn't make the time for me to even be able to ask her should have been the first red flag for me, :/
    Posted by kfras[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Oh wow, I'm so sorry to hear that!  I agree with you that the fact that they can't make the time to even meet up with me is a red flag, however I'm willing to give them both the benefit of the doubt (for now...).  I'm really sorry that happened to you and hopefully I can avoid a similar situation.</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I asked via telephone (4 of my BM"s)... maybe try that.  I know it's not ideal but you have to do what you have to do.

My weekend was pretty good. Last week I finished the ring pillow which took me maybe 2 hours tops (maybe less).  Thursday I took my daughter to get a manicure for her b-day, then she got to pick out a toy as her gift. Friday was kinda hectic with running around getting party supplies. Saturday we had my daughter's party, which was a hit. Probably the simplest, least stressful party I have ever done.  After her party, we went to watch the Avengers as a family. Great day.

We're doing a simple remodel right now (painting the whole house, fixed the roof, fixing the bathrooms, minor touch ups, etc, in prep for the wedding and my family coming from oot).

Today I got tulle for my veil DIY and material for the DIY garter. I can't wait to start them (and finish them). I also dropped off my deposit to the photographer.  However, I have a serious stoamch ache and some tummy issues today, so it has been a slow day. 
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards