November 2012 Weddings

Checking in with Vendors?

As it gets closer and closer to November I'm wondering if I should be contacting my vendors about anything. Most of them, the photographer, the cake lady, transportation and, most worrisome for me, the florist, I have only met with for my initial consultation and to drop off a deposit check months ago.

Maybe I am freaking out over nothing, but the control nut in me is wondering if I should be checking in with them. And if so, about what?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Checking in with Vendors?

• All of our vendors have reached out to us.  If you're unsure and feel more comfortable contacting them about any questions/concerns/issues you may have, I would say go for it.
    21811_10151174643987291_1046283999_n_zpsddfa358c Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
  • We have had some reach out to us and we have reached out the others. Mainly b/c we live out of state and I wanted meetings when I was home.

If they haven't reached out yet, I would contact them
  • I have emailed one or two last week and actually emailed 4 yesterday.  Just to say "when would you like to meet to finalize things and accept final payment".  Other things were legit like asking the string quartet what songs are good for signing the register, when does the minister want to meet before the rehearsal to gather our documents, etc. 
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker image
    My BFP Chart
    || Ovulation Calendar image #1 BFP May 24/2012 - EDD Jan 21/2013 - M/C May 31/2012 #2 BFP Feb 5/2013 - EDD Oct 16/2013
  • My wedding is Nov. 3rd (and I'm a control freak too) so last week I started calling vendors to make appointments to review final details (DJ-play list, Florist - Review flower choices & who needs flowers, etc.) Some of the vendors were scheduling meetins 3 weeks out. So glad I called now to make appointments to meet with vendors to confirm everything is the way I want it to be and if they can't do something, we have time to resolve it. For example, DJ doesn't have a song that is on my must play list, he has time to find it.

• I'm a Nov 11th bride and most of my vendors have said they would reach out to me at the 1 month mark to set up a final meeting whether it be in person (like my photographer) or over the phone (like our DJ). Some vendors I'm in more regular commuication with like our reception venue via e-mail as smaller questions/concerns arise. We also have a date to drop off everything and go over set-up a few days before the wedding. The only vendor who hasn't reached out yet, or said they would reach out about a month ahead of time is my florist. I plan on getting in touch with her in the next week or two just to set up the final meeting, probably 2-3 weeks out from the actual date :) I'm so excited and can't believe how fast this is all going now!!
    imageNovember 2012 November Siggy Challenge - Venue!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am a Nov 3rd bride and I started reaching out to my vendors last week. I think it can't hurt to send an email or make a call to ask if there are any questionts they have, schedule a time to meet if needed, and review final payments. For me it is peace of mind that I can avoid any last minute scrambling :) 

• Its funny after this post, one vendor actually reached out to me which I thought was early.  Limo, wanting to know our day of schedule, so I could only provide a tentative one as of yet.  Otherwise I made contact with some to confirm some things.  Especially today, seems like I am doing a few wedding related things today versus the last month there was really nothing. 

Also just booked the gardens outside our government house, apparently they required a booking to use the garden.  Its free, yay!
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker image
    My BFP Chart
    || Ovulation Calendar image #1 BFP May 24/2012 - EDD Jan 21/2013 - M/C May 31/2012 #2 BFP Feb 5/2013 - EDD Oct 16/2013
  • If you aren't sure just contact them. I just sent an email to our DJ but I've been in contact with almost all of our vendors off and on for a while. I check in every month because I get paranoid lol.
  • I call or send emails if I have a question or need to iron out details.  I had been in touch with the florist because I was paying her periodically and would touch base with her.  I am going to meet with and finalize things with all the vendors about a month before and then again a week before the wedding.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_november-2012-weddings_checking-in-with-vendors?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:46c2f53c-680c-4532-aa96-4cca92890b59Discussion:70d36e20-1de2-4554-90b9-450533f65850Post:eb9eeb45-7759-4c49-85ac-d3d99409ecb9">Checking in with Vendors?</a>:
    [QUOTE]As it gets closer and closer to November I'm wondering if I should be contacting my vendors about anything. Most of them, the photographer, the cake lady, transportation and, most worrisome for me, the florist, I have only met with for my initial consultation and to drop off a deposit check months ago. Maybe I am freaking out over nothing, but the control nut in me is wondering if I should be checking in with them. And if so, about what?
    Posted by laughstooeasily[/QUOTE]

When you booked them, did they tell you what the next step was?  Most of ours told us when we would meet or talk next to finalize things and everything has gone smoothly so far.

As for the florist, did you make your selections during the initial consultation?  If not, I'd call them and set up time to do it soon.  You really don't want to be doing that during the last few weeks if you can get it out of the way now.
  • I am in the same shoes...Nov. 3rd bride...very worried about things not going smoothly.  I've contacted both the photogs and the cake lady via email.  Cake baker contacted me back, but haven't heard anything back from photogs, which is making me a bit mad.  They are on their FB page all the time, and posting things, but yet don't have the time to respond to an email...Hopefully they will in the next week or so, and if not I will be calling them.

I think it's ok to contact them before they contact you.  It's your money, and your wedding day, and there's nothing wrong with trying to make sure things are taken care of ahead of time. 

Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards