November 2012 Weddings

Saturday after Thanksgiving a bad idea?

We are preparing to book a beautful indoor venue on November 24, 2012. It is the only Saturday evening available at the venue (everything is booked up already!) We are a bit concerned because it is the Saturday after Thanksgiving and worry that people may not be able to attend. What are  your thoughts on this dates? Pros/cons?
We thought about December 1st but then we thought about the family that would be home for Thanksgiving (college students) would then not be able to attend the following weekend if out of state. 
We know travel will be expensive but we have minimal family who would need to travel out of state and we would give them plenty of time to get there tickets in advance.
Any advice would be appreciated, I don't want to spend all this money and put my heart into a wedding where my guests will be unable to attend!

Thank you for your advice :-)

Re: Saturday after Thanksgiving a bad idea?

• My FI and I have too many out of town guests so we didn't consider that date, but our venue said they would be open to serious negotiations because that date is hard for so many people. So, if you (or anyone else on this board) haven't booked yet, definitely use that to get the most bang for your buck at whatever halls you look at! :-)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Great idea, my fiance and I have chosen 11/24/12 as our date as well. I figured, thursday everyone could meet and great and do things with their own families per traditional thxgiving, friday is shopping, saturday wedding and sunday they could go home. We are holding a noon day wedding. This leaves room for people to still catch sporting events on the television and relax.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards