Washington-Seattle

Great new place for vendor reviews - www.bridepicks.com

I just found an excellent resource for wedding vendor ratings and reviews that is very easy to use! It's been excellent for me especially for choosing my wedding planner and hair and make-up. It is http://www.bridepicks.com

Re: Great new place for vendor reviews - www.bridepicks.com

• mgswartmgswart member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sounds like a vendor to me! You're not supposed to post on here.
  • edited December 2011
    I sound like a vendor? You replied within like 2 minutes. Are you the "sounds like a vendor" police? It was my first post I just wanted to help. I also really like Gabriel Boone Photography and Fena Flowers so which one would I be?
  • edited December 2011
    I immediately thought this sounded like a vendor too.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Paranoia cha cha chaaaaa
  • edited December 2011
    Reported, cha cha chaaaa
  • mgswartmgswart member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No kidding! You're a Bride2Be that's been a member since today but you've been married since March of this year. It does sound a bit fishy... Sorry but it does
  • edited December 2011
    I reported you both for the personal psycho attacks over a silly typo in my new profile. I hope you both get banned and then the entire world will have to get by without being able to hit refresh on your wedding day tickers. If only someone could warn these grooms... Now THATS a great idea for a website.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_washington-seattle_great-new-place-vendor-reviews-httpwwwbridepickscom?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:104Discussion:6fe571e8-3d4f-4b99-b368-c0bf4a308103Post:5f0f3e08-78cb-4c15-a861-2ec4337bab09">Re: Great new place for vendor reviews - www.bridepicks.com</a>:
    [QUOTE]I reported you both for the personal psycho attacks over a silly typo in my new profile. I hope you both get banned and then the entire world will have to get by without being able to hit refresh on your wedding day tickers. If only someone could warn these grooms... Now THATS a great idea for a website.
    Posted by Bride2BeThatsMe[/QUOTE]

<div>Psycho attacks?  <span style="font-style:italic;" class="Apple-style-span">We're</span> not the ones sounding psycho.  When new people come on the board, they usually give some form of introduction, not just launch into a vendorish spiel...  </div>
  • mgswartmgswart member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    WOW! I hope I get kicked off. I mean honestly if they listen to someone who "introduces" and conducts themselves the way you do and actually take you seriously, then this is not a site I want to be a part of.

Freaking seriously! You are CRAZY!
  • edited December 2011
    She's totally not for real.  Her "wedding" is on a Monday?  Seriously?
  • edited December 2011
    mgswart@mac.com - I am sure the admins will take your wishes into account and it sounds like that might be best. Speaking of crazy how do you seriously "work 12 hour days 6 days a week"? Maybe if you didn't live and work here on the Knot your Guinea Pig would have a home still. Also how can you say I'm crazy when you're the one with a hidden pile of gross hamster surprises "somewhere" in your house? Eww. At least you got your tree skirt (after hawking them to other Knotties - how much did IKEA pay you?!)
  • edited December 2011
    omg. what is going on here??

usually people introduce themselves before they start giving advice.
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker we're having twins!
  • edited December 2011
    Umm what happened here??? Oooh does this board have a troll!?!?!
  • edited December 2011
    Smells like it!
  • edited December 2011
    Could it be someone who thinks she has a reason to be bitter? Like an AW or something?

Just sayin...

Edit:

Maybe not - I was fooled by clicking on her magnifying glass and the only posts up there were that knottie but then the other one showed up! NM...
  • edited December 2011
    I thought of that, but she really went after mgswart, which doesn't make as much sense.  You'd think she'd go after CS, Tygirl & me if that were the case...  although the AW did jump down Tygirl's throat for a totally non-snarky comment, so you never know!
  • edited December 2011
    I was just thinking that too... I was about to post her poll asking if her name happened to be Jody :)

Moral of the story: people are very weird.
  • edited December 2011
    People as a whole = crazy....
  • edited December 2011
    Awww, I missed the crazies... Frown

Bride2BeThatsMe - FYI, if you are real, as Sarack mentioned, webiquette on boards typically dictate that people post a "Hello" before jumping into things.  Just in case you're new to the whole forum thing.  And yes, we'e had problems with vendors in the past posing as fellow brides and posting things, so we are rather jumpy when it comes to something that sounds fishy when the poster has the major red flags: 1) New (very few posts) 2) First post is about a site/vendor.  Oh, and typically NOT a smart idea to report and attack other people who have been a part of a board for quite sometime.
    Family fall photo session with Ashley Hoyle Photography
    Married 7/10/10
    Wedding Planning Bio - Updated 6/13/2010
    Anniversary
  • carrieoz_76carrieoz_76 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yea, I still think vendor.  Some of them can get really pissy when you call them out.

Everyone else who responded - to repeat what I think cupcake said the other day - I big puffy heart you.  :)  Have a great Thanksgiving!
  • edited December 2011
    Like I said on FB... sorry, but this person has nothing to do with me. I was in the ER last night anyway, so I even have an alibi. :)

Besides which, this person doesn't even make any sense. I'm not sure why anyone would think I'd be pimping some weird vendor review site.
  • edited December 2011
    Speaking of which, Jody, I posted a question for you on FB.  Not one where I'm trying to be mean, I'm just trying to give the benefit of the doubt here by considering that perhaps you wern't being an AW on purpose.
    Family fall photo session with Ashley Hoyle Photography
    Married 7/10/10
    Wedding Planning Bio - Updated 6/13/2010
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards