November 2012 Weddings
Options

Music

We met with the DJ last night and we are still struggling with the following, so I thought I would ask yiu guys what you are doing:

1. What are you and your bridal party entering to?

2. What music are you playing to get the crowd on the dance floor?

3. How are you ending the night?

Re: Music

• Options
    edited October 2012
    Hi, for the reception you mean?

1) reception entrance - a song that is a local song here, so there is no need to type the name.  But if we weren't using that song I'd probably do "tonight's gonna be a good night" by black eyed peas (which I am sure is done to death, lol, but I like it).......which is probably will be our song to start the dance off for your second question. 

3) We aren't doing a last dance.  The party goes until the wedding ends 2-3 AM or until  the place vacates, whichever comes first.  So party and drink up until then :)

For ceremony we're having

bridal party - canon in D
    me - jesu joy of man's desiring
    we'll figure something out for the string quartet to play for the register, something more upbeat
    recessional - wedding march
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker image
    My BFP Chart
    || Ovulation Calendar image #1 BFP May 24/2012 - EDD Jan 21/2013 - M/C May 31/2012 #2 BFP Feb 5/2013 - EDD Oct 16/2013
  • Options
    Hi! My DJ is amazing, so I don't need to give him certain songs for getting the crowd on the dance floor or for ending the night. We'll just be partying until they kick us out. :) 

We will be entering the reception to Everlasting Light by the Black Keys. It has a great beat and is a fun song. They're my FI's favorite band.
    imageNovember Board Siggy - The Venue!
    Photobucket
    The Great Hall at Sunriver Resort, Sunriver, Oregon
    243 Invited image
    172 Can't wait image
    71 Are missing out image

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Our Parents: James Brown "Get up off that thing"
    Bridal Party: Mac Miller "Knock Knock" Clean version
    Us: "Stranglehold" by Ted Nugent
    Ending the NIght with Piano Man...its a tradtion with our friends

Our Families are both full of people who love to dance, so i dont think we need any motivating music....I dont want any line dances although my mom is pretty much begging for the CHa Cha slide to be played
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options
    This is something we really need to work on. FI wants us to walk in to Hells Bells, which is totally awesome. BUT, my cousin will be there and that is what her and her husband came in to. SO...not gonna copy.....
    Meeting with DJ this next Tuesday...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards