November 2012 Weddings

130 days and sooooo much to do still!

The HUGE things that we still need to do include booking a photographer (can't make up my mind), putting deposit down for caterer and ordering invites. Oh and booking the honeymoon. Yeah...I'm pretty far behind! Make me (and anyone else that's way behind) feel better by sharing the big things that you still have to do!
"When life hands you lemons, make a beef stew." Andy Milinokis

Re: 130 days and sooooo much to do still!

• Haven't ordered the invitations yet, haven't met with the florist or picked out the cake but we are doing our cake tasting the first week in August. We still have to settle what kind of tux the groom and best man will wear. Haven't figured out what we are doing for a rehearsal dinner. My dress hasn't come in yet and probably won't for another 6 weeks or more, so Iw on't really be able to schedule fittings until it comes.
    I guess these are the major things that are not done but there are many, many smaller things that need to be done. Hope you feel better!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Well invites, if you start looking now, that's not too bad.  I think the knot said to mail out invites 3 months prior...so that is August.  Photographer, depends on how booked up they are.  I would definitely ask the ones you like if they are still available....that may help you narrow it down from there.  Florist I wouldn't worry about, just pick a place and schedule a meeting.  Mine wants to meet with me 1 month prior, but I did do a small deposit.

Honeymoon, we have the flights booked, that's it.  Still watching hotel prices and car rental prices.  But its not like Florida is going to sell out, so we are not too concerned with that. 
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker image
    My BFP Chart
    || Ovulation Calendar image #1 BFP May 24/2012 - EDD Jan 21/2013 - M/C May 31/2012 #2 BFP Feb 5/2013 - EDD Oct 16/2013
  • I have bought everything for my invitations, I'm doing them myself and havent actually started on them. I haven't booked a cake baker. I don't have a videographer. All the guys still need to get sized and have tuxes ordered. My bridesmaids just ordered their dresses so they won't be in until late september, early october. My dress won't be in until about 6 weeks prior to the wedding. Have no clue still about the guest list, on amount and such. No idea what i'm doing for flowers, another DIY. I hope this makes you feel better because i just got really stressed out typing it out. lol
  • no honeymoon, no rehearsal dinner, no men's clothes, no music for ceremony or reception

And all our vendors say we're super-organized! Ha!
  • OH my gosh I have SO much to do!!

1. Invites need to be ordered and sent (they're designed...I just have to place the order, so that's good)
    2. Photographer needs to be booked
    3. Dress needs to be altered (ordered, but it's not going to be in for another month and a half)
    4. Attire for our ENTIRE wedding party needs to be bought (we're doing super basic stuff so hopefully this will involve one trip to the mall...)
    5. 1/2 my centerpiece stuff needs to be bought
    6. Hotel needs to be booked
    7. Need to meet with the cake lady and order the cake (she knows we need one and for when....just need to hash out the details)

I'm sure there's a bunch of other stuff I'm forgetting, but that's the big stuff.
    8. Need to book engagement pix (hopefully this will be done Thursday!)
  • ahh this post is making me anxious!  still have to :

-book and plan the rehearsal dinner (we know where, just need to pay the deposit)
    -pick out invites and order them
    -decide on a bakery for cake (we are only doing a small one for FH and I to cut) and cookies (western PA, gotta have a cookie table!)
    -order favors
    -order stuff for out of town guest bags for hotel

much more i am sure..
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • kiermartkiermart member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited June 2012
    Cake not booked, Second line band not booked, We have to decide on tux rentals, Engagement photos, Centerpieces, Favors need to be finalized, Small ceremony and reception details flute and cake set, sand vases or unity candles. I change my mind about something every two weeks lols
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_november-2012-weddings_130-days-and-sooooo-much-to-do-still?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:46c2f53c-680c-4532-aa96-4cca92890b59Discussion:ac4e256b-982a-41f5-a8e6-12d1ffbb9666Post:91745233-c55f-4d2b-9591-71e970c770c4">Re: 130 days and sooooo much to do still!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have bought everything for my invitations, I'm doing them myself and havent actually started on them. I haven't booked a cake baker. I don't have a videographer. All the guys still need to get sized and have tuxes ordered. My bridesmaids just ordered their dresses so they won't be in until late september, early october. My dress won't be in until about 6 weeks prior to the wedding. Have no clue still about the guest list, on amount and such. No idea what i'm doing for flowers, another DIY. I hope this makes you feel better because i just got really stressed out typing it out. lol
    Posted by TiffN13[/QUOTE]

Haha! Sorry to stress you out! I just thought of like 500 more things reading everyone else's posts. Glad to know I'm not the only one though! I'm usually pretty organized and I've done lots of research on stuff that I need, I just can't find the time to get any of it done! Plus FI just lost his job so I'm so nervous about signing things and spending money.
    "When life hands you lemons, make a beef stew." Andy Milinokis
  • Still left...

FI needs to order the tuxedos--called the place and got a must be ordered by date--then I backed it up by 3 weeks for my FI

Need to go back to the cake place and order cakes for my dad and the Best Man to go along with ours

Favors--Whoopie Pies and pumpkin seeds--need to order

Organist for church--family friend, just need to ask her

Jewelry--I want amethyst and am fighting people who say no pearls (ugh)

Gifts for WP

Finalize rehearsal dinner 

I think that might be it
  • We have all the major things booked with deposits done (I think)

We know what we're having for favours (personalized Hershey wrappers to wrap Hershey bars), but there is no point to worry about them and order them until invites start getting returned to us (have no idea what number will attend obviously).

To do this month at least:

- pick out tux styles for the guys with FI (we said yesterday maybe next Thursday we'll go down and open our account for the guys to get measured whenever is convenient for them, its not a mad rush for these they told us for a Nov wedding)

attach ribbons to invites
    address invites and stamp them for mailing in August.
    edit/revise/concentrate on guestlist (we have one scribbled down but we have to revisit that in July)

That is all we are doing in July.  August we are mailing invites.  That will probably be all that we do in August also.  September will be much, much busier with a dress fitting, getting RSVP's back, then moving forward with programs and favours.
    My BFP Chart
    || Ovulation Calendar image #1 BFP May 24/2012 - EDD Jan 21/2013 - M/C May 31/2012 #2 BFP Feb 5/2013 - EDD Oct 16/2013
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_november-2012-weddings_130-days-and-sooooo-much-to-do-still?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:46c2f53c-680c-4532-aa96-4cca92890b59Discussion:ac4e256b-982a-41f5-a8e6-12d1ffbb9666Post:d011d693-9848-4c91-9bad-230e0abf0ad0">Re: 130 days and sooooo much to do still!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Still left... FI needs to order the tuxedos--called the place and got a must be ordered by date--then I backed it up by 3 weeks for my FI Need to go back to the cake place and order cakes for my dad and the Best Man to go along with ours Favors--Whoopie Pies and pumpkin seeds--need to order Organist for church--family friend, just need to ask her Jewelry--I want amethyst and am <strong>fighting people who say no pearls</strong> (ugh) Gifts for WP Finalize rehearsal dinner  I think that might be it
    Posted by jdandrea[/QUOTE]

What is wrong with pearls? Please tell me there isn't some superstition that I don't know about? My mother wants me to wear the ones she wore when she got married....
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • If you want pearls, wear pearls. 

I am wearing rhinestones and was told rhinestones are too sparkly.  My dress only has a sparkly belt, otherwise no bling, so I was offsetting it.  And guess what?  I am still going with a rhinestone necklace.

So if you want pearls, go for it.  You'll never please everybody and honestly, most will probably never notice anyway.  Pearls are very classy.
    My BFP Chart
  • We still are finalizing our invitations, but have the design down and are working with someone currently, we still have to get transportation verified that it is ours, rehersal dinner spot, and lots of DIY projects, including card box, photobooth scrap book, flower petal table squares (16 of them, maybe 17 if i want to do the cake table), photobooth props, signs, and baskets, flowers, bouts, and corsages, toasting flutes, ring bearer pillow, garter, table numbers, wire hangers, photo slide show, and probably much much more!
  • The BIG things:
    book dj
    book transportation
    book officiant (secure ceremony spot)
    book CATERER

And a bunch of smaller things.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards