November 2012 Weddings

Picked up my dress!

So I picked up my dress from alterations and it fits PERFECTLY!! I'm really short! Like REALLY short haha, only 4'11" here and I got one of the Vera Wang dresses (they aren't really made for shorter brides) so I was extremely nervous about how they were going to shorten it. But it fits perfectly now and I'm so excited. :D

Before alterations when I first picked it up (I was wearing sandals here btw):
Yeah really long haha!

And after alterations (and with my 5in heels to keep the hemming to a minimum haha)!

Yeah they had to bring it up about 4/5in. They also took in the sides (ordered a size up so I could it it better in the chest area) a couple inches too. Looks so much nicer now and I don't feel engulfed in fabric now.

Oh and about the 5in heels I plan on changing into some comfy wedges for the reception. So not dancing in the heels I did get haha! Oh and I had my dress altered through DB if anyone was wondering. Figured with this dress it would be more expenive wherever I took it and that since they sell the dress they would know how to actually make the right adjustments without taking away from the detail of it.

Re: Picked up my dress!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards