November 2012 Weddings
Options

Where are you going on your honeymoon?

Fi and I have been debating where to take our honeymoon since we got engaged. I've always envisioned relaxing on a beach, spending quiet quality time with my new hubby. He thinks honeymmons should be adventuring and doing stuff. At one point, I threw my hands in the air and said let's just go to Disney World, since we got engaged there. I was never really happy with it though, since we've been a few times and it didn't really feel 'special', just like another vacation, you know?

He asked me over the weekend if I was really happy with it, and I confesesd I wasn't. We've been looking at Fiji and the Maldives, and I'm floored. They are both stunning, all-inclusive, and offer various activities like snorkeling and horseback riding included in the price of the stay. They are also RIDICULOUSLY expensive!! We think we may have found a place in Fiji to meet all our needs - just e-mailed them tonight! We're going to go during the week of Thanksgiving even though we're getting married on the 3rd, because I'm a teacher and can't take a week off right after the wedding - my kids wouldn't accomplish anything!

So, have you all booked your honeymoons yet? Where are you thinking about going?
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Visit NewOrleans.Weddings.com

Nov '12 September Siggy - Bridesmaids!
bridesmaids-2
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Where are you going on your honeymoon?

• Options
    We are going to Mexico just after Thanksgiving (getting married on the 10th).
    I cannot wait. I need a vacation so bad!
  • Options

Funny, we actually decided on a Disney honeymoon because neither of us have been there and before we have kids we want to act like them ourselves! lol.  Obviously we would have considered an all inclusive...but we went to Punt a Cana last year.  It was nice to get away last winter to some place hot...but we have the "been there done that" attitude.  A friend of mine did St Lucia for a honeymoon and we DID look at Turks & Caicos or Barbados but it was a fortune.  My friend got 65% off her honeymoon in St Lucia for 2 weeks and it still costed over $10,000 (Sandals resort).  And that was last July and she is still paying off her honeymon and wedding. 

However, Fiji sounds awesome!

BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker image
    My BFP Chart
    || Ovulation Calendar image #1 BFP May 24/2012 - EDD Jan 21/2013 - M/C May 31/2012 #2 BFP Feb 5/2013 - EDD Oct 16/2013
  • Options
    I would LOVE to go to Fiji, but that is just WAY out of our price range!

We booked a private island/all-inclusive resort off the coast of Belize! SO EXCITED!! We get the best of both worlds...relxaing all-inclusive beach, and the resort also offers excursions throughout Belize everyday. It was the perfect choice for us!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We are going to an AI in Jamaica for 10 days. We do not want to go into debt for the wedding or the honeymoon and hopefully will not have to do so. We have been able to pay for things as we go along, so hope to have it all paid for by the big day.
    If you want something less expensive than Fiji, you may want to look into a nice resort in Mexico or Aruba.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_november-2012-weddings_where-are-you-going-on-your-honeymoon?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:46c2f53c-680c-4532-aa96-4cca92890b59Discussion:dc91cbb5-661c-49a7-be9c-46351730084bPost:c978824e-c566-4694-afb8-68e2883e456e">Re: Where are you going on your honeymoon?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I would LOVE to go to Fiji, but that is just WAY out of our price range! We booked a private island/all-inclusive resort off the coast of Belize! SO EXCITED!! We get the best of both worlds...relxaing all-inclusive beach, and the resort also offers excursions throughout Belize everyday. It was the perfect choice for us!
    Posted by kantonik[/QUOTE]

Hi, sent you a PM. Thanks
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Hawaii! We are going to the Big Island and Maui, one week on each. I can't wait!
  • Options
    We're going to Sandals in Negril, Jamaica for a week.  The original plan was to to do a 2-3 week trip to Hawaii stopping in California for a day or two before and after but FI can't get away for that long so we're planning on doing that trip next year.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Also going to Hawaii - Maui and the Big Island one week each lol.  FI had miles accumulated from work and the flights were free :)
  • Options
    A week at an all inclusive in Riviera Maya the Monday after the wedding. I'm almost more excited about that vacation than I am the wedding!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    November 2012 October Siggy - The Venue!
    imageVilla
  • Options
    We are going to Ocho Rios, Jamaica for 6 days and staying at a Sandals resort. I've never been out of the country, and FI and I have never been on a vacation together, so we are super excited! And I really can't wait to finally get some time off work!!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We are going over Thanksgiving even though we are getting married on 11/11 because I'm also a teacher and couldn't take a full week of school off..but we're still so excited to be doing an AI in Playa del Carmen, Mexico!!
    imageNovember 2012 November Siggy Challenge - Venue!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    we are going to Ireland! we are both scientists and there is a conference in Dublin a few days after our wedding, and its actually really relevant to our work, so we figured it was a sign! we are going to dublin for a few days for the conference and then staying for another 10ish days to see the rest of the country, maybe go to scotland, england, etc. we havent made the plans yet since we just finally confirmed we are going to the conference, so we need to be getting on that soon! i also wanted the relax on the beach honeymoon because i didnt want a stressful type of touring a new place, but this was too good an opportunity to pass up!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_november-2012-weddings_where-are-you-going-on-your-honeymoon?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:46c2f53c-680c-4532-aa96-4cca92890b59Discussion:dc91cbb5-661c-49a7-be9c-46351730084bPost:df7452b7-4af4-42a2-a8b4-f29199a6addd">Re: Where are you going on your honeymoon?</a>:
    [QUOTE]we are going to Ireland! we are both scientists and there is a conference in Dublin a few days after our wedding, and its actually really relevant to our work, so we figured it was a sign! we are going to dublin for a few days for the conference and then staying for another 10ish days to see the rest of the country, maybe go to scotland, england, etc. we havent made the plans yet since we just finally confirmed we are going to the conference, so we need to be getting on that soon! i also wanted the relax on the beach honeymoon because i didnt want a stressful type of touring a new place, but this was too good an opportunity to pass up!
    Posted by jam+1231[/QUOTE]

This sounds like a fantastic trip! I've been to Ireland it is just beautiful. I only went for about a week and always wished I had stayed longer. It's definitely a place that I want to go to again.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Wedgirl853 - we are date twins and honeymoon twins! Are you leaving right after the wedding? We are waiting until Monday.
  • Options
    We are going to the Beaches at Turks & Caicos. It's all-inclusive, gorgeous and includes free scuba diving if you're certified or you can take the resort course for $80.
  • Options
    We are going to Paris for 5 days, Cinque Terre for 2 days, and finishing up in Rome for 5 days :)  We leave on Monday night, after getting married Saturday night.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I gave my FH a few options for him to pick from, since he wouldnt make up his own mind (other then saying that he wouldnt mind just renting a beach cabin....-_-). We were thinking about doing St Lucia or another Sandals resort or doing a cruise. He picked the cruise, although it was my secret "YES" moment, since he doesnt like to fly. Since Im still in college we are going to leave the week before Christmas.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We are taking a road trip to Southern California including a few days in Disneyland. We both love Disneyland but have never been there together so this was the perfect time to add that in.
    A and B
    Visit The Knot!Visit The Knot!Visit The Knot!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We've decided on a Caribbean cruise; our wedding date is the 18th of November and we were lucky enough to find a cruise leaving the next day which will last through Thanksgiving. We get the best of both worlds with the R&R and the excitement of exploring exotic islands.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

@ Laura - That's too funny.  We are leaving on Tuesday morning.  What parts of each island are you going to?  We are going to the Lahaina area in Mauii and the Kona area in the Big Island.      

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards