November 2012 Weddings

How to avoid: Bridezillaness

So yesterday I had my first bout with the line between normal and certified Bridezilla. I have been really calm and compromising thus far.

Tell me about your close calls!

I had an appointment today (Sat.) for my 1st dress fitting. This has already been frusterating and nerve wrecking so I am really anxious to see it and continue alterations. The seamstress calls at 7pm to let me know that she won't have it ready and asks if we can reschedule for next Sat. I just about died. She assured me, regardless of what changes I will want she will have it ready in time. I was calm with her but hung up and called my mom. She is 16 hours away so calling is as close as a hug I get. She picked up and I just started to bawl. FI doesn't understand of course. I know it's okay, but after a long work week, I was really looking forward to getting the process closer to complete... Deep breath.
11*23*12 95image 38image 28image

Re: How to avoid: Bridezillaness

• FI had started to call me the RSVP nazi. I just don't understand why people don't return them. Ours are due today and I'm missing 25 out of the 67 that were sent. I have a feeling that my mailbox isn't going to full of them today either.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • The RSVPS/seating chart were my least favorite things.  People respond for people that are invited, ask to invite others (a week after RSVPs).  So annoying!
  • edited October 2012
    Bridesmaids dresses....in another life I'll have one person stand, lol. 

Don't sweat the RSVPs, once the due date comes, you'll get a good number back and even in the few days following.  I started looking for them a week after they were due
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker image
    My BFP Chart
    || Ovulation Calendar image #1 BFP May 24/2012 - EDD Jan 21/2013 - M/C May 31/2012 #2 BFP Feb 5/2013 - EDD Oct 16/2013
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_november-2012-weddings_how-to-avoid-bridezillaness?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:46c2f53c-680c-4532-aa96-4cca92890b59Discussion:ecb3e999-8a02-4b8f-9209-7a160e124ed5Post:69868bdb-dfb0-451b-b766-adff589bb065">Re:How to avoid: Bridezillaness</a>:
    [QUOTE]FI had started to call me the RSVP nazi. I just don't understand why people don't return them. Ours are due today and I'm missing 25 out of the 67 that were sent. I have a feeling that my mailbox isn't going to full of them today either.
    Posted by brandonmelissa12[/QUOTE]

<div>Lol this! Omg it's like all you have to do is write your name and check a box. I mean I understand some people have issues getting time off but you can at least call, text, or facebook a maybe just in case so I know. Better to have too much food than not enough.</div><div>
    </div><div>My mom was like if they don't RSVP in 2 weeks it's a no and if they show up that's on them. Only my mom lol. But I've sent out so many reminders and we're still missing like 20 and I haven't heard a single word from those people.</div><div>
    </div><div>Other than that, I've been relatively calm which is extremely surprising for me. :P</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_november-2012-weddings_how-to-avoid-bridezillaness?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:46c2f53c-680c-4532-aa96-4cca92890b59Discussion:ecb3e999-8a02-4b8f-9209-7a160e124ed5Post:69868bdb-dfb0-451b-b766-adff589bb065">Re:How to avoid: Bridezillaness</a>:
    [QUOTE]FI had started to call me the RSVP nazi. I just don't understand why people don't return them. Ours are due today and I'm missing 25 out of the 67 that were sent. I have a feeling that my mailbox isn't going to full of them today either.
    Posted by brandonmelissa12[/QUOTE]

Oh goodness! The RSVPs will be the end of me. Our return date was sept 25th and I still havent gotten 20 of them! I even did a super easy online rsvp....literally a mouse click. So So Frustrating. Not mention the people that say, "can't I just tell you im coming?" No. No you can not. lol and thats my rant.
  • I wish I could say none at all, but I'll admit to a few slips, but always get my head back. I think it's just mainly about emotions going a little out of control, in my situation. But usually I sit back and think about my reactions, how it could have gone differently, and most of all, is it really that big of a deal? Bottom line, FI and I are getting married, x, y, and z are extra.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I turned into  bridezilla at the hotel block saleslady. They are having a computer glitch that says all the rooms are full in our block so the salesman said to just book and put under comments my wedding name..anyway the lady at the desk starts telling my friends not to book the hotel. I . FREAKED. Out. I turned back normal now though, hopefully
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • My answer was "Not yet" although I would've just picked "No, not at all" had that been an option.  It's one day.  There's no point in going nuts over one day.
    21811_10151174643987291_1046283999_n_zpsddfa358c Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
  • Mallory835Mallory835 member
    First Comment
    edited October 2012
    I'm not one of those brides that is extremely picky with planning, but at times it has been difficult not to become a bridezilla with all of the terrible luck I've been having! 
    Just some examples:  David's Bridal ordered my bridesmaid a mother of the bride dress instead of the one I picked, the place that was going to make my favors burned down a day after I placed an order, more than half of my bridal party won't be able to attend the rehearsal, my MOH had to miss my bridal shower because she got an eye infection and her eye swelled shut,  the seamstress messed up my dress (luckily I had someone else fix it),  a week before my shower every single item on my registry was discontinued or non-stock and I had to redo my registry entirely, RSVP stamps I ordered came in and were over 2 inches (I had to put them sideways), the bakery I first went to said they will be closed the week of my wedding... but they could make my cake 5 days before  and I would have to store it somewhere (they also mentioned not to store the cake near meat because it would absorb the meat smell and taste! Needless to say I chose a different bakery).... the list goes on! Finally I was able to get to a point where I could just laugh and go with it! haha
  • The closest I've come to bzilla behavior has been while dealing with family (mostly mine, on occasion his). Some words to live by: "you can't please all of the people all of the time" ! Repeat after me ...lol
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Mallory, that is some bad luck. I literally laughed at the meat comment lol. Atleast youll have crazy/funny stories to tell later!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_november-2012-weddings_how-to-avoid-bridezillaness?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:46c2f53c-680c-4532-aa96-4cca92890b59Discussion:ecb3e999-8a02-4b8f-9209-7a160e124ed5Post:0457eec1-5322-42da-83ac-8a975858461a">Re: How to avoid: Bridezillaness</a>:
    [QUOTE]My answer was "Not yet" although I would've just picked "No, not at all" had that been an option.  It's one day.  There's no point in going nuts over one day.
    Posted by lls31[/QUOTE]

I agree with this. I refuse to let one day get the best of me
  • I had one moment when I felt like a bridezilla and immediately regretted it.  My fmil was originally making my linens and I gave her a sample of the color of the the table squares I wanted.  She intentionally got linens much darker because she preferred that better but it was so dark, it looked black and I wanted royal blue.  I felt bad telling her I didn't like them and she felt bad but in the end I decided to go with it.  Luckily the caterer I booked includes table linens and the squares are the blue I wanted so it worked out.  While I wasn't bitchy to fmil I felt so bad how I acted and apologized.

Also I think I got a little weird with the seamstress lady the other night.  She called me at 9 pm telling me she needed more material for the bm's dresses after I know I bought more than enough for each girl.  Needless to say I told her I didn't think I could buy more and just to let the girls know and they would take care if it.  I felt bad for hours and even the next day and went out and bought the extra material and dropped it off but it still made me a little put off that she needed more material and waited until 3 weeks out to tell me.  I am not going to be that kind of bride but at the same time, I am emotional right now and anxiety ridden LOL.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards