November 2012 Weddings

Getting in shape?

Anybody out there planning on losing a few before the big day?

I've been trying since Sept 2011, so that is 8.5 months...very very slow road, but I am keeping it off.  My goal was 15 lbs, but ideally 20 lbs, I am at 14 and down a size.  I'm going to try on my dress again this weekend and make sure its ok
BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker image
My BFP Chart
|| Ovulation Calendar image #1 BFP May 24/2012 - EDD Jan 21/2013 - M/C May 31/2012 #2 BFP Feb 5/2013 - EDD Oct 16/2013

Re: Getting in shape?

• I've been trying to get more toned and eat healthy for a while now. I see the wedding as an additional motivator, but I'm trying to change my habits, etc for life, not just one day!

good luck!
  • I lost 30 lbs about a year and a half ago, and just working on keeping myself fit & healthy at this point. Like amy said, I see it as a lifestyle change, rather than just taking it off for the wedding. Just stick with it, stay healthy, and you'll reach your goal weight in no time!

I work part time as a personal trainer, so if you need any tips or advice, let me know!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Well I've reached the point that no matter what I do exercise wise (switch it up, increase intensity, etc) (and my diet is the same which is healthy and portioned, etc) I keep coming to standstills!  I had 2 weight plateaus and now another, same with my FI.  He's lost nearly 35lbs during the same time I have as well.  Typically we walk during our lunchbreaks at work (weather depending, say 3 x a week for 45-50 mins), then at home we'll do another walk, typically 60-75 mins.  Now I will admit we were doing interval training with the treadmill and haven't for about a month now.  I am thinking we should do some strength building now to go along with the cardio.
    My BFP Chart
    || Ovulation Calendar image #1 BFP May 24/2012 - EDD Jan 21/2013 - M/C May 31/2012 #2 BFP Feb 5/2013 - EDD Oct 16/2013
  • I've recently got back into the gym.  I am a teacher so I use the school year as an excuse to not be healthy.  Im trying to loose weight for the wedding and also make the gym part of my permanent routine!
  • haha, one of my bridesmaids said the same thing the other day about being a teacher....she's planning on getting active once the school closes next month
    My BFP Chart
  • I'm in the opposite boat. Work got stressful. I lost weight. I've had to get back to normal before I was ready to go back to the bridal salons.

Then I found a vintage dress that, at 31 bust, 23 waist, is just barely too small. Never thought I'd want to lose inches for my wedding.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards