Washington-Seattle
Options

When should I give the gifts?

My "friends" Bridal shower is this Saturday & I have the BM gifts ready to give. I wanted to give them @ the shower. But I'm not sure if that's the right thing to do (or should I give them a shower thank you gift?)
The reason I want to give them their gifts now is because it has stuff for the wedding that I've kept a secret. Jewelry & their shoes. They have been asking me about the shoes & I keep putting them off, changing the subject, etc...
Should I split the gifts? Give them 2 gifts (BM gift & then shower thank you gift)?

Re: When should I give the gifts?

• Options
    briandbry2010briandbry2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I gave my girls the first half of their gifts after my friends shower on Sunday. The other half is lunch and pedicures the day before the wedding
    Visit Retro.weddings.com Wedding Countdown Ticker 172 invitedimage 151 accepted!image 5 can't make itimage 16 haven't respondedimage
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think it would be ok to split the gifts. But maybe give them their shoes now.
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker we're having twins!
  • Options
    jennlinjennlin member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i would give it to them soon..if i were a BM, i'd be irritated that you didn't have shoes/jewelry detail so close to before the wedding.
    ♥ bfp2 02/15/2012 ♥ edd 10/23/2013 ♥
    ♥ bfp1 06/14/2011 ♥ edd 02/22/2012 ♥
    ♥ baby jennlin born on 02/15/2012 ♥

who says you can only wear your wedding dress once?

honeymoon biomarried bioplanning bio
    jumped ship to the new and improved nest. back to TB for baby boards.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Another question... If I give the girls their gift now, I will have to give the GM their gifts soon too.. Their gifts has their wedding stuff in it too. Cuff links, socks (to be funny) & their ties.... FI could give them to them at the bachelor party, but i'd be afraid they will get drunk & loose them. I'd just rather give them to them all in a safer environment.

Maybe we will have a wedding party bbq :) i don't know....
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I like the wedding party bbq and agree with NOT giving it to them at the Bach party.  Because if they are anything like my FI's friends - they will be intoxicated before the festivites even really begin. :)

But I agree with PP that you should give them sooner than later.
    Amanda & Joel
    Planning bio: updated 05.11.10
    326 were asked to dance image
    120 will boogie the night away image 110 have two left feet image 96 are couch potatoes image
    RSVP Date: Sept 10, 2010
  • Options
    melissa82melissa82 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Are you having a rehearsal dinner? You could just give the gifts out then.

But I'd give the shoes now. There's no way to really know if they're going to fit/be comfortable without the girls trying them on. They may need to exchange a size. They don't really need the jewelry in advance.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards