Wedding Woes
Options

I need to call mom....

I need to ask why my parents allowed me to get my drivers licence at 15. Yes, back in the day you could get it at 15.

I was responsible, and they both put the fear of death into me if I crashed their car, but I was also a bit on the ditzy side.

I do remember I wasn't allowed to drive on the interstate because my dad said I hadn't mastered merging.

Re: I need to call mom....

• Options
    DG1DG1 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited April 2012
    eh. I got mine at 15.

And I got in a wreck once while I was pissed and driving in the rain. So, yeah, maybe not a good idea. But, like so many things from our youth, it just wasn't really questioned.

• Options
    AuntFloAuntFlo member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited April 2012
    I think parents are so glad that they don't have to drive you around anymore that they disregard the fact that you're a little twit with no sense.  They just plan to stay off the road when you're on it.   :)
  • Options

I got a license and my car when I was 16, and then the responsibility of shuttle around her other kids. WOO HOO!!

• Options

i got my driver's license at 23 and my father "didn't allow" me to drive while wearing flip flops.  i don't know why he was so concerned about foot gear -- i was so nervous driving that i couldn't open a window, or have the radio or the air conditioning on.

• Options
    Yes, I got tired going to the store, and dropping things off at my grandmother's house.
  • Options
    i got my license when i was 17, but was barely allowed to drive anywhere alone before I was 21 and had my own car.

my 26 yo sister has friends that still do not have their license - i think it's a bit pathetic at this point - they expect her, other friends, or their parents to drive them around. Pittsburgh does not have a good enough public transportation system that you can rely on it FT (unless you live in the city and can walk everywhere).
  • Options
    I am pretty sure a friend from HS still doesn't have his license. At 33. We have drifted apart due to in part his immaturity, so I cannot be 100% sure.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards