Wedding Woes

random

the more ads i see for "alice in wonderland," the less i want to see it.  it looks terrible, just terrible.

my advisor wants to schedule the final seminar over july 4 weekend.  i want to punch him in the junk -- first for scheduling over a holiday weekend, and second, for not having it scheduled already.  i guess dh and i will just have to book last minute flights to europe or some nonsense.

i've been reading about people who never wash their jeans, and say that their jeans should be treated special, like a tuxedo.  these are the idiots who are paying $200+ for jeans.  they deserver to be fleeced.  and then punched in the face.

Re: random

• **O-Face****O-Face** member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, $200+ for jeans?  Not so much.

I wash my "nice" jeans less than my others, but I also don't wear them doing hard labor or anything.
  • TheDuckisTheDuckis member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I do want to see Alice and Wonderland, but that may be because I've seen almost no ads for it.

Your advisor definitely deserves a punch in the junk.

Who are these crazy people? They're dungarees, FFS.
  • hmonkeyhmonkey member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    there is some discussion about how they should never be washed, just febrezed.  this is gross.

also, some people "wash" them by putting them in the freezer.  i'm guessing this is the same idea as me putting flour in the freezer to kill mites.

i wanted to see "cop out" but then i saw it was directed by kevin smith, and i'm out.  i think he's being assy about this southwest thing, and needs a ho sit down card.
  • TheDuckisTheDuckis member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    So their dirty jeans are rubbing up against the ice cube tray? Gross.

And don't people dry clean tuxedos?
  • hmonkeyhmonkey member
    edited December 2011
    i WILL be seeing "hot tub time machine."  dh can suffer through it.  he made it through all 5,656,932 hours of "avatar" so this cannot be bad.

my boss just asked me to do something i already did.  i feel like i am an espn-having genius. 
  • edited December 2011

I gave one of the admins the flyer for a conference I am supposed to attend, so he could book everything. He lost the flyer. I am never giving him an original of anything ever again. <- Shoit like this = the reason I am anxious.

One of our asst called one of my clients by same admin's name. The similarity between the two, they are both male and AA. Sterotype much? She didn't even look at client's face before assuming he was admin. <- Me = embarassed.

Now that Ax can sit, I am trying to think of what else to teach him. He does this ridiculously cute play bow where he wiggled his entire body. I want him to do that when I ask him to "Do the truffle shuffle."

• **O-Face****O-Face** member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    WTF!?!  Who has rooms for jeans in their freezer?

And febreezing your clothes would only fly in college.
  • edited December 2011
    1- I would like to see Johnny Depp play a character where I can see his face. No big MJ-scary teeth, no lizard-eye contacts, no Emo woe-is-me smokey eye. "Nick of Time" was on Cinemax last month and I almost didn't recognize him sans Scissorhands-ish lunacy all about his person.

2- Clearly your advisor hates America.

3- I don't own anything that doesn't get washed. If I can't toss it in the machine, it goes to the cleaners. WTF. Putting jeans in the freezer just gives you cold dirty jeans.
  • HeffalumpHeffalump member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_random-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:47Discussion:0988c9b1-ffeb-4727-b1e4-62f7ca8ba2daPost:9f8129d8-054d-44d0-b97f-13bf3140a56b">Re: random</a>:
    [QUOTE]but then i saw it was directed by kevin smith, and i'm out.  i think he's being assy about this southwest thing, and needs a ho sit down card.
    Posted by hmonkey[/QUOTE]

amen
  • hmonkeyhmonkey member
    edited December 2011

yes, seeing johnny depp in "chocolat" was weird, looking all normal.

i foresee this "buying a home" nonsense as the upcoming source of many disagreements between dh and i.  also, our parents are going to die -- they really us to move back to the midwest.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards