Washington-Seattle
Options

The dress

I just picked it up!  Now to figure out the alterations!

and one with my sexxxy shoes!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
image 65 asked to watch us make it happen
image 51 helping us party

Re: The dress

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Its beautiful!!
    Amanda & Joel
    Planning bio: updated 05.11.10
    326 were asked to dance image
    120 will boogie the night away image 110 have two left feet image 96 are couch potatoes image
    RSVP Date: Sept 10, 2010
  • Options
    mgoss228mgoss228 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It is so pretty and flowy!
    OMH est. May 7, 2011
    Photo courtesy of jennygg.com
    My never updated Planning/Married Bio: http://mgoss228.weebly.com/
    Seattle Knotties: Please page me if you send me a PM!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ditto Mgoss - love the flowy material on it!  Recommendation on alterations - don't have them done at DB based on what I've heard.  Find an independent seamstress who does alterations.
    Family fall photo session with Ashley Hoyle Photography
    Married 7/10/10
    Wedding Planning Bio - Updated 6/13/2010
    Anniversary
  • Options
    kducharmekducharme member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    So pretty!! :) 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies!

This is my conflict with the alterations.  I know if I get em done at DB they will likely be more expensive... but at the same time I know they do soooo many wedding specific alterations that it will be right.  I'm just nervous about it I suppose.  One great thing - I was told how much it will be for the bustle and hem, she wasn't sure about having the corset back put in.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I love the way the dress flows, you look absolutely beautiful! How are you doing your hair and are you going to be wearing a vail? As far as alterations go, I have a seamstress who has worked for my grandma, my mom, and now me, and she is amazing. Her name is Cindy and she works out of her home in Everett. Her number is 425-355-7159
  • Options
    carrieoz_76carrieoz_76 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sooo pretty, and I love the sparklies!

You know, I remember you were self-conscious about some of your e-pics, but I don't think you have anything to worry about with this dress - it fits you really well.  And the shoes are adorable!
  • Options
    jennlinjennlin member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    re: the experience at DB...

there was a bride last year who had a BIG issue with her dress and mulitple BM dresses.....does anybody know who this was? the bride had an issue a few days before her wedding....
    ♥ bfp2 02/15/2012 ♥ edd 10/23/2013 ♥
    ♥ bfp1 06/14/2011 ♥ edd 02/22/2012 ♥
    ♥ baby jennlin born on 02/15/2012 ♥

who says you can only wear your wedding dress once?

honeymoon biomarried bioplanning bio
    jumped ship to the new and improved nest. back to TB for baby boards.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Jenn - I can't remember but I remember someone having a big issue with alterations and them which is why I recommended against.

Gina - there actually are a few seamstresses in the area that specifically do wedding gown alterations and I woudl recommend going with someone who, as you mentioned, specializes in that.  Two favorites on this board are Deb Hedeen in Ballard and Darcy Martin in Lynnwood. 
    Family fall photo session with Ashley Hoyle Photography
    Married 7/10/10
    Wedding Planning Bio - Updated 6/13/2010
    Anniversary
  • Options
    carrieoz_76carrieoz_76 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

And Elizabeth Parks in Tacoma.  Dbraulik, jennuine, and I all went with her.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Ohhh thanks!!!  You guys are fantastic resources :)  Looks like DB will not be necessary after all.  Yay.  My sister will hbe happy, too.  She bought her dress there and feels like they hosed her over between picking up the dress and alterations.  I live in Lynnwood so the north end recommendations are so helpful!

Carrie, I am surprised at how flattering it ended up being when ordered in the  right size!  I'm really excited to wear it for the big day.

I haven't decided on hairstyle yet - I did get some blingy pins and coils in fuschia (wedding color) but I will definitely have a veil.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards