Wedding Woes
Options

Program wording

My step-mom (I refer to her as my dad's wife) and I have no relationship at all, yet my fiance's step-mom is very much a part of our lives.

How does this work on the programs?  I'd like to include fiance's step-mom on the program (especially since they are helping pay), yet don't really want to include my own step-mom since she has nothing to do with me.  Should I just leave her off and list my dad alone, or suck it up and recognize her?

Re: Program wording

• Options
    edited December 2011
    What about "Together with their parents..." ? 

Or "Mr. Bride's Dad and Mrs. Bride's mom invite you to the wedding of bride and groom, along with Mr. Groom's Dad and Mrs. Groom's Step-mom..."  

If there are too many names (like more than 2 parents per side, including the step-parents you want to include), then I would say use the more simple "Together with their parents" approach.  If it's just 2 parents per side, that's how I'd handle it.

Also, you may also want to post this question on the etiquette or invites-and-paper boards, and make sure you tell the board who exactly you want to be featured on the invitation as named specifically, so you can get the best advice.  Good luck! 
    July 16, Our Wedding Day, is also International Juggling Day!
  • Options
    Butter CookieButter Cookie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You can't really do that without insulting her. Try the pp's suggestion of "Together with their parents"

Otherwise you need to include her.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011

i am in a similar boat.  My parents and grandparents are helping with the wedding, in every way including money however the hubbys mother is not doing anything..and i mean nothing lol.  So on our invitations i did not want to include his side only mine but it was my family who told me i couldnt do that.  so i am agreeing with the previous statements.. i would do together with their parents ..just make your life easier =)

• Options
    MegankpdMegankpd member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I actually avoided this issue with the invitation by writing "together with their families," but my question was actually regarding the ceremony program.  Any suggestions on that one?  I'll try some other boards too :)
  • Options
    HeffalumpHeffalump member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited December 2011
    I think we just listed our actual parents in our program, which doesn't sound like it will help you much.  But I'm in the same boat as you regarding my dad's wife (or I was at the time), and DH's dad had only known his current wife for a year or two at the time, so it wasn't a big deal on either side.
  • Options
    MNNEBrideMNNEBride member
    First Comment 5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer
    edited December 2011
    In my opinion, if you include specific people in your program, you should include everyone.  To do otherwise is rude.  Simply put:

Parents of the Bride: 
    Ms. Bio Mom (and step dad if applicable)
    Mr. Bio Dad and Mrs. We have no relationship Step-mom

Parents of the Groom:
    Ms. Bio Mom (and step dad if applicable)
    Mr. Bio Dad and Mrs. We lover her to death Step-mom
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards