Wedding Woes

of all the things to get uptight about

They are pissed because their parents/ILs want to watch their kids' bathtimes.  Wha?

http://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/46304960.aspx

And some think it's just because they miss bathing their babies?  I don't think so. I think it's just that they adore their grandchildren and want to watch them having a good time.

I wonder if it's the difference between families who do "fun" baths (like us - bath can be 30 minutes or more) vs. "practical" baths (in, bathe, out in 5 minutes).  I can see not understanding the allure of observing a "practical" bath.

Re: of all the things to get uptight about

• *Barbie**Barbie* member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011

right now bathtime is just a practical in and out, but if Wolverine was older, rather than having Grandma in to "watch" the kid play in the water, I'd offer to let them bathe the kid while I took a little break.

• TheDuckisTheDuckis member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Keep in mind that the bump is full of women who won't leave their fathers, brothers or hubsands alone with their kids, because anyone could be a baby rapist.
  • felicia220felicia220 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_of-things-uptight?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:0be87313-703e-495c-908b-2f205856e626Post:38110518-2629-4694-8ece-67d21a841269">Re: of all the things to get uptight about</a>:
    [QUOTE]right now bathtime is just a practical in and out, but if Wolverine was older, rather than having Grandma in to "watch" the kid play in the water,<strong> I'd offer to let them bathe the kid while I took a little break.</strong>
    Posted by *Barbie*[/QUOTE]

<div>I don't have kids, but this was my first thought.  </div>
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I don't like MIL watching, but that's because I don't care for MIL.  If she could actually get on the floor I'd let her have at it, but she can't so I won't.
  • HeffalumpHeffalump member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited December 2011

PSA:  There is a bad, youneek spelling in one of the siggies in that thread:  Ryleigh.  FFS.

• hmonkeyhmonkey member
    edited December 2011
    i wouldn't want my mom to watch but that's just because she might criticize.  
  • hmonkeyhmonkey member
    edited December 2011
    you know what?  dh bathes the baby.  i wonder if he thinks i might be a rapist.
  • GBCKGBCK member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Dude, on the days when the grandparents Buffy sit, there is a nice, clean, bathed baby waiting for me upon pickup.
    It's really nice not to have to do one more thing!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_of-things-uptight?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:0be87313-703e-495c-908b-2f205856e626Post:38110518-2629-4694-8ece-67d21a841269">Re: of all the things to get uptight about</a>:
    [QUOTE]right now bathtime is just a practical in and out, but if Wolverine was older, <strong>rather than having Grandma in to "watch" the kid play in the water, I'd offer to let them bathe the kid while I took a little break.</strong>
    Posted by *Barbie*[/QUOTE]

::This::
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_of-things-uptight?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:0be87313-703e-495c-908b-2f205856e626Post:23219789-1576-4a6a-aad2-7f99f63e1524">Re: of all the things to get uptight about</a>:
    [QUOTE]i wouldn't want my mom to watch but that's just because she might criticize.  
    Posted by hmonkey[/QUOTE]

This is me with MIL. Actually it all ready happened. After a bath, she laughed at me for putting lotion on Son's face. It was hydrocortisone cream to clear up contact rash. She didn't know that. She just laughed and said, "Oh like a little girl! HO HO HO"
    MIL is thrilled you're joining the family. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • LnR70707LnR70707 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I can see how it would be irritating if they just stood there and did nothing.  If they actually wanted help with the bath, fine, but I see no reason for them to be in there otherwise.

Of course, if MIL is hanging around with nothing better to do at bathtime, we'll have bigger issues than her wanting to watch.
    br>imageimage
    IF/Baby Blog
    2 years, 2 surgeries, 2 clomid fails, 2 IUIs, 1 loss, IVF #1 - 10/25/10 = BFP!
    TTC #2 - 6/12 surgery #3, FET #1 & 1.2 = BFN, 12/2012 FET #2 = BFP!
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

I can't wait for the "im getting a divorce" post in 5 years or so because your husbands were fed up with your disgusting chair asses from playing on the knot all day and getting fired 4-5 times for not doing any work. you guys are all winners!! ~ Laur929
  • Butter CookieButter Cookie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our bathroom isn't big enough to fit enough people in for a family bath. I trust H's parents and mine tremendously though, and would have no problem offering up any theoretical kid for them to bathe. As cautious as I will be as a parent, I would not be considering children with H (or have married him) if I ever had even the slightest inkling he might be inappropriate with a child.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards