Washington-Seattle
Options

Bridal Shower Invite Q

There is a Shower for a SO of one of DH's friends in a few weeks, and I have another event I'm going to that day (a Going Away/Moving Across the Country party for one of my friends).  I got a Shower invite in the mail from her MOH, with a phone number to RSVP.  It's a potluck Shower and the invite requested something for a "date" for the Bride and her FI.  So it seems like a pretty casual event.

The thing is, the Bride-to-be did not RSVP for my Shower a few months ago, and it's something that made me and my MOH = Yell because my Shower was a little more of a formal affair, and having an accurate guestcount was important for food/drink/etc.  So I don't want to call to RSVP "No" out of spite,  but I know/think I should for etiquette/guestcount.

Would I be a horrible b*tch if I RSVP'd "No" via text message to the MOH?  Or should I even bother?
OMH est. May 7, 2011
Photo courtesy of jennygg.com
My never updated Planning/Married Bio: http://mgoss228.weebly.com/
Seattle Knotties: Please page me if you send me a PM!

Re: Bridal Shower Invite Q

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't think it's that horrible.. An RSVP is an RSVP whatever way it comes... Unless you  wanna be a little spiteful and not at all... I wouldn't judge you ;)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Grrrr....... I feel your pain, but mine is directed toward my new SIL. But I know I have to go with the standard: Kill them with kindness.... 
    As much as I would want to RSVP with a NO text, I don't think I could actually do it. A simple phone call, and cross fingers she doesn't answer and you can leave a message! 
    Good luck
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards