Wedding Woes
Options

::waves::

Nine days, eight flights later and I'm back.

My GTGs with Nico were awesome, as usual. At dinner our waitress was a total clam, but we had a good time anyway. Lunch the next day was awesome and I was able to get H a shirt from the brewery where we ate.

Going home, well....yeah. My mom thanked me a frillion times for being there and helping her clean out her hoarder office. You could tell there were two times in my mom's life when she just shut down and started shovingshit onto boxes: her divorce and when her mom had a stroke. It was like a frickin' archelogical dig.

We also went through all of the old family photos/memorabilia, including a bag of stuff her mom had given her that my mom had never looked at. There were birth/death certificates, social security cards of dead relatives and even naturalization and citizenship certificates from my grandpa's parents.

The cancer has not spread beyond stage 3. I really like my mom's oncologist. Mom should start treatment as soon as Wednesday, depending on her insurance. Mom was sure it had spread and was sure she only had two months to live. The day I arrived she was telling me where everything was/what she wanted me to have. The next day, after the doctor appt, she was like, "Oh, we can go through that later."

And my mom, who was never very reserved to begin with, is saying some crazyshit. I took her to get some stuff framed and I asked the dude if we should leave her stuff there. He said sure, nothing had ever happened to anything in the past. My mom, out of nowhere says, "If anything happens, I'll just bomb the place." WTF?!? I told her not to be saying that stuff in airports or federal buildings, everythere else is fair game.

I also went with her to the store and when we were checking out, the bag girl asked her if I was her daughter. My mom smiled and said yes. Then mouth breather bag girl asked, "When is she going to start giving you grandchildren?" I popped my shades on and split (while crying like a maniac). As I was loaded the car, my mom said she had never heard anyone ask anything like that before. I told her people step in it all the time without knowing it. She said, "Someone should ask her when she is going to die." Oh, cancer and infertility, good times.....

Right now, my mom is primarily concerned with all of the side effects and is sad about losing her hair. Middle MinM sister has insanely thick hair. I said she could shave her head to make mom a wig, and my hair could be the bangs.

It was a good visit, all things considered. I told my mom not to wait too long to have me back out. I'm not ready to be without my mom. I honestly thought I would have another 30 years with her. This sucks the big one, y'all.

Re: ::waves::

• Options
    DG1DG1 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    (((hugs)))

My mom is my BFF. I would be absolutely distraught and inconsolable and not being able to function.  You get huge props from me just for being able to get out of bed in the morning.

• Options
    ReturnOfKuusReturnOfKuus member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    OMG @ the bag girl
  • Options
    MrsMyrtleMrsMyrtle member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It sounds like you get your feistiness from her. It also sounds like she can give this cancer some hell. I'm so glad you could go visit her. 
  • Options
    hmonkeyhmonkey member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    [QUOTE]She said, "Someone should ask her when she is going to die."
    Posted by MinM[/QUOTE]

you are your mother's daughter!

i'm so glad you went, and that you had some good times.  i know you loved the cleaning.

(did you tell your mom about losing the hair "everywhere?")
  • Options
    notamrsnotamrs member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Glad you had a good visit.  What the what at bag girl?  It would never occur to me to say anything like that to a complete stranger.  People are stupid.
  • Options
    ~~Busy.~~~~Busy.~~ member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    *giant hugs* 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    hmo - You know I did. And yes, I loved the cleaning. My mom doesn't organize correctly, but we still had a good time. She kept thanking me for that, saying no one else would help her with that but me.

And I'm pissed at myself for not putting a boot in the bag girl's clam. However, she has probaby peaked in life by now, so that is vindication enough for me.
  • Options
    zsazsa-stlzsazsa-stl member
    First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_waves-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:47Discussion:0ef50b25-522e-4898-b715-fe5a2703fdf4Post:bdd22d42-f2a0-4eca-b4c3-ab8bf5f58bc2">Re: ::waves::</a>:
    [QUOTE] However, she has probaby peaked in life by now, so that is vindication enough for me.
    Posted by MinM[/QUOTE]

^^truth^^

I'm soooo glad you got to have good mom time.  I think it did you both a world of good.

I just a friendly gal looking for options.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    TheDuckisTheDuckis member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Your mom is a firecracker, and I'm glad you had a good time with her.
  • Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    edited December 2011
    I'm so glad you had a good visit.
  • Options
    GBCKGBCK member
    edited December 2011
    (hugs)

I would write to the store manager re: baggirl.  Include the nitty-gritty-tear-jerking details if you want, but at least say "My fertility is a heartbreaking subject and I now have an undying hatred for Midlred the twat" or something.

But I"m glad the visit was good
  • Options
    nicoleg1982nicoleg1982 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I loved reading this recap.  I rate your visits excellent.  And I send you mega big ass slaps, boob grabs and on-lip smooches.  :)
    imageimage
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Min, I'm glad that you had a good visit too, and your mom would fit in great on WW.
  • Options
    **O-Face****O-Face** member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Your mom is awesome.  That girl sucks and should DIAF.

The end.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards