Washington-Seattle

Bridal Shower - Guest List

My sister (matron of honor) and I (bride) were talking about when and if she should through a bridal shower for me.  Our wedding date is set for December 13, 2012 and will be just our parents, my sister's family, and two close friends.  We are having our reception in April of 2013 when the weather is better for traveling over the passes to Seattle.

My sister and I are thinking that a shower would be appropriate and that since everyone that would be invited to the shower would be invited to the reception.  I know ediquite says that to invite only those invited to the wedding should be invited to the shower, but since we want such a small ceremony in Decemenber and a big reception in April, how to you ladies feel about having several of my close girlfriends and female relatives at  a shower? 

Re: Bridal Shower - Guest List

• mgoss228mgoss228 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If someone (your sister, whoever) wants to throw you a Shower, feel free to take her up on her offer.  If I were in your position, I would want the Shower to be before the wedding (so sometime in November or December).
    OMH est. May 7, 2011
    Photo courtesy of jennygg.com
    My never updated Planning/Married Bio: http://mgoss228.weebly.com/
    Seattle Knotties: Please page me if you send me a PM!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards