Wedding Woes

Can a Groomsman also be an MC??

I'm just curious.  My FH chose his brother as a groomsman and he would also like  for him to be the MC for the evening.
The only problem I see is that when I look at the planning for the evening it always has the MC there with the guest when the bridal party is off doing things such as pcitures. (Which he will be doing.)
My question is, does it really matter?  Can't he be both?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Can a Groomsman also be an MC??

• 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011

I'm going to say they can do both, only because we didn't have an MC.  What exactly does an MC do?

• Sloane99Sloane99 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes
    2 IVFs & 1 FET. Welcome home baby girl!
  • mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    MC?  Isn't that what a DJ is for?  Are you not having a DJ?
  • AshleyC48AshleyC48 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Awesome.  
    6sfn: An MC or Master of Ceremonies is basically a spokesperson for the evening.  The keep everything flowing.  He will introduce the events as they come and such.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, that's what our DJ did.  If you aren't having a DJ then you need I guess someone does need to do the work.  I agree with zilla he may not enjoy himself if he's taking care of your party.
  • HeffalumpHeffalump member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_can-groomsman-also-mc?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:47Discussion:0fc65d7a-b4bf-4d57-b9b8-9bc82b36b89aPost:dc13b781-36aa-4583-a273-ef6cf034714a">Re: Can a Groomsman also be an MC??</a>:
    [QUOTE]Awesome.   6sfn: An MC or Master of Ceremonies is basically a spokesperson for the evening.  The keep everything flowing.  He will introduce the events as they come and such.
    Posted by AshleyC48[/QUOTE]
    Our DJ did this.  Are you having an iPod wedding or something?
  • trishinbanfftrishinbanff member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have a DJ and an MC.  Like said above the MC keeps the evening rolling and is a little more personal as they know you, unlike a hired DJ. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards