Washington-Seattle
Options

What Would You Do? Dress is creasing across the middle one week until wedding!

Picked up my dress for my final fitting last night at Cynderellie's Closet. The seamstress was supposed to let the front of the dress out and I thought this would fix a wrinkle that's cutting across the middle. Well, it didn't fix it and her solution was to hold my bouquet in front of it. She has been awful to work with and I would NOT recommend Barbara's Bridal Alterations. I can live with the wrinkle but it's definitely bothering me and I don't want to obsess about it in every picture.

So...do I take it to another seamstress closer to home and see if they can fix it? Or should I be afraid they will make it worse without time to fix it? Do I just let it go? I don't have pics to show you.

Know any good alterations shops around Renton/Federal Way/Tacoma?
Photobucket

Re: What Would You Do? Dress is creasing across the middle one week until wedding!

• Options
    edited December 2011

I personally don't have any recs but came across this on Yelp: http://www.yelp.com/biz/a-best-tailoring-and-alterations-seattle#query:Tailor

Family fall photo session with Ashley Hoyle Photography
    Married 7/10/10
    Wedding Planning Bio - Updated 6/13/2010
    Anniversary
  • Options
    jennlinjennlin member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i'm really sorry! did you pay for a pressing? i would probably get another seamstress to press/steam it for you.
    ♥ bfp2 02/15/2012 ♥ edd 10/23/2013 ♥
    ♥ bfp1 06/14/2011 ♥ edd 02/22/2012 ♥
    ♥ baby jennlin born on 02/15/2012 ♥

who says you can only wear your wedding dress once?

honeymoon biomarried bioplanning bio
    jumped ship to the new and improved nest. back to TB for baby boards.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't know anything about the south end, but I have to say I am sorry!  I bought my dress at Cynderellie's too, and I loved them, but one day I came in to get the BM dresses and the seamstress we have there was SO RUDE to me & MOH that I knew I absolutely was not allowing her to touch my dress.  I think I will write that up in my vendor reviews too...

Anyway, find someone asap & try not to worry.  Good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    jennuinnejennuinne member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Elizabeth Parks in Tacoma is good.  Her number is: (253) 759-5320.

I would get a second opinion and see if there's anything they can do in time to fix it.  That sucks.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I second Beth Parks in Tacoma. She is who I used.
    debi & jason 05.01.2010

My Visions Planning Bio

Photobucket

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards