Washington-Seattle

Friday Rant & Rave

And GO!
OMH est. May 7, 2011
Photo courtesy of jennygg.com
My never updated Planning/Married Bio: http://mgoss228.weebly.com/
Seattle Knotties: Please page me if you send me a PM!

Re: Friday Rant & Rave

• NarginiaNarginia member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    RANT: I had an old friend of mine offer to by my DOC. We haven't been close or in much contact for the last 8 years or so. I REALLY appreciated the offer and thought it was a sweet gesture! Well then I never really heard from her. A few weeks ago she asked me what my schedule looked like. I let her know and that we should get together soon. I never hear back. So then she sends me a long message and asks me if a specific day will work. I message her back immediately. No response. 2 days later I post on facebook about my final dress fitting. She comments on it and asks if that day will work. I message her back... 8. days. later. she messages me and confirms that THIS saturday will work. Well its now taken over 10 days to schedule the appointment AND its only 2 weeks from my wedding... I let her know I decided to go with someone else because its so close to the wedding and I felt like I needed someone who was more readily available! I told her I still wanted to grab dinner but all she responded with was " Its not that I dont understand but I really feel very hurt" UHHH? It's called communication! Its two weeks from my wedding. I needed someone to start organzing a long time ago. Not showing up the day of and not having a clue of whats going on.

RAVE: We finally decided on what to do in place of a unity candle or sand etc. We are going to do the wine, box and letter ceremony. We are getting married at Columbia Winery, and my fiance brews beer, makes hard ciders and we are going to try our first batch of wine. I feel like this is such a perfect fit! Now we just need to find a box and some wine that will last long enough!

Thanks for listening to my rant! I had to get it off my chest!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • mgoss228mgoss228 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Rant:  I wish I had requested today off of work.  Getting up at 2:30 am to watch the Royal Wedding is making me a tired girl today.

Rave:  Only eight more days until I get married!
    OMH est. May 7, 2011
    Photo courtesy of jennygg.com
    My never updated Planning/Married Bio: http://mgoss228.weebly.com/
    Seattle Knotties: Please page me if you send me a PM!
  • edited December 2011
    Rant: my superivsor invited, yet again, the person who had my job before, to come have lunch at the office with everyone.  I met the person, she's nice, but do they have to flaunt her in my face and say how much they miss her in front of me?  I've never felt accepted here and this doesn't help me feel a part of the "team".  And she has been invited to the Christmas party every year since she left - something no other former employee has been invited to.  WTH?!?!  Of course I can't say anything since everyone wants her here.  Glad I have friends I can go to lunch with today!

Rant cont: Our office celebrates birthdays at staff meetings, and the supervisor puts it on the calendar for everyone.  She updated it yeaterday for the next couple months - except for mine which is coming up first.  Talk about feeling left out!  Whatever.... I so want out of here!

Rant: Church coordinator is ticking me off!  I'm going to have FI take over dealing with her so I don't get anymore stressed out than I am. 

Rave -sort of: surprised with date night last night (too bad FI put his foot in is mouth and it ended with me in tears - but he said he'd make up for his goof).

Rave: that I have this board to post my rants to and give me support and encouragement!  I appreciate it and you! Laughing
  • meganhardanmeganhardan member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Rant:  Rough week at work, and I have a head ache today.  So ready to get out of here for the weekend!

Rave:  I'm done with my proposal early so I should get to leave around 3!

Rave:  I second sharingourlove.  It's so awesome to have a support group here and a place I can vent about wedding/work/life.  Thanks everyone!

Hope everyone has an awesome weekend!
  • edited December 2011
    Additional rant: I was just asked to take care of a bunch of letters that my supervisor doesn't want to do...and one she's put off answering for almost a month!  So now I get to be the bad guy and call this guy since it's too late for a letter.  WT'F'lip?!?!?!  And to top it off I asked a co-worker to proof a letter for me and she came in and in a very condescending voice told me what she thought was wrong with it.  Of course she didn't know the context of the conversations that I've had with the person and admitted that, she just wanted to tell me I need to learn to write better letters. 

Not sure how much wedding stuff will get done this weekend, but betting I get a lot of resumes sent out!  Still a little more than an hour before I can get out of here.  Deep breaths....  Thanks for letting me rant some more!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards