Washington-Seattle
Options

NWR: Opening gifts

My friend is having a bday party for her 4 year old and it is a superhero bounce party. They are renting a big superhero bouncy house. They only have the house for a limited time and she doesn't want to open the gifts in front of everyone, she'd rather the kids just play.
BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker we're having twins!

Re: NWR: Opening gifts

• Options
    edited December 2011
    My birthday parties when I was little I always opened my presents, but I was a present whore, lol! I think though it should also be up to her child. If they want to open presents all of a sudden, why stop them? Get what I'm saying? But other than that, there is no need if her kid just wants to play.
    Married 7/17/2010 Photobucket PersonalMilestone
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    thats exactly what she was thinkin brandy! :)
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker we're having twins!
  • Options
    jennlinjennlin member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    it's not "totally rude", but i don't think it's the right protocol for a kids birthday party...kids like to see their friends open the gifts their friends gave them...they like it when their friends are there when they opent he gifts....how about they open presents after the bounce house rental is done with? at 4 years old, they might not *totally* be in that stage yet...depending on how mature the 4 yr olds are.
    ♥ bfp2 02/15/2012 ♥ edd 10/23/2013 ♥
    ♥ bfp1 06/14/2011 ♥ edd 02/22/2012 ♥
    ♥ baby jennlin born on 02/15/2012 ♥

who says you can only wear your wedding dress once?

honeymoon biomarried bioplanning bio
    jumped ship to the new and improved nest. back to TB for baby boards.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    One point in favor of opening at a different time is sometimes kids can be jerks :). At 4 it's probably not a problem but having the guest complain about the quality of your gift is really annoying when you're 8 or 9.

IMO if mom and dad sit down and help the kid write thank you cards it's all good.

1st year anniversary in Victoria with a killer whale topiary!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ditto Jenn.  I think she should have something scheduled for after the bouncy place to open presents.  Is there going to be cake?  Because to me: birthday party = cake + presents opened.  so if there is cake, I don't see why they can't open the presents right after the cake cutting and serving.
    Family fall photo session with Ashley Hoyle Photography
    Married 7/10/10
    Wedding Planning Bio - Updated 6/13/2010
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    What kid doesn't want to tear into their gifts?  I was all over it!  Then again, I was (am!) a present whore! :)
    -Liss EED (Estimated Eviction Date): February 18th, 17th, 21st and now the 14th. Who knows...they change the date every appointment! BabyFruit Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    ~February 2012~Siggy Challenge~Favorite Halloween Candy~
    My Sometimes Updated Belly Blog
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards