Wedding Woes
Options

WWWWD?

Okay, so I'm trying to adopt a dog through a rescue organization.  Remember how I had a horrible time getting anyone to respond to my e-mails?  I finally had a very nice exchange with someone about a dog.  She tells me that I should go ahead and fill out an application to get the ball rolling so I did that last Friday. On Monday I got a reply from someone else in the same organization acknowledging my application.  She asks me when we can talk on the phone and then tells me I can search for her on FB to see the dogs that she is fostering.  I replied to her on Monday and said that I could talk anytime, just let me know.No reply.So today I e-mailed again to let her know that I would be unavailable for most of the weekend but that I was looking forward to talking to her soon.  Within a few minutes after sending that I got a FB friend request from this woman.  I don't know this woman.  Is becoming my FB friend part of the application?  Is she going to go through my photos to see if I am a worthy pet parent?  Would I have to delete all of my jokes about having dachshund stew for dinner?  I don't really want to friend her...after all I was interested in a dog that someone else was fostering.  This is way too hard and we're only in step 2 of 10.  I can see why it is easier to just head to your neighborhood puppy mill.  I'm being a baby about this.  I just get so frustrated when people don't act quickly and answer my questions the first time.

I just a friendly gal looking for options.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: WWWWD?

• Options
    I would friend her and change my profile settings so that she can see somethings but not everything. I have a feeling she sent the request so that you could view her information, not so that she could check up on you.
  • Options
    Wait...I just got an e-mail.  I think I'll move my new question over to FB.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I don't know this woman. Is becoming my FB friend part of the application? Is she going to go through my photos to see if I am a worthy pet parent? No. She probably has no friends, or wants you to be friends with her so you can see the dogs. Here is what we do: 1) fill out an application request, we call and talk, if you are not clearly crazy they send me to your house with Jake to make sure you don't have broken glass on your floor and a puppy air freshner made out of your old dog. If you pass my inspection, you fill out the contract, make out the check, and get your dog.No FB required.
  • Options
    I just get so frustrated when people don't act quickly and answer my questions the first time.Please just keep in mind that most of the people who foster usually have many dogs/cats at the same time. They likely get a lot of questions and do a lot of screening, and generally just are super busy with all that they're juggling. It's not personal, just have some patience. Times are tough right now, shelters and foster homes are more full now than ever.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Gone too Soon.
  • Options
    Min - I think I maybe should just tell DH to get over his dachshund requirement and apply for your double-side-eye dog. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Noah has mad side-eye skills :) Double your pleasure, double your fun :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards