Wedding Woes
Options

9/11

Where were you when you found out? I was in my dorm room, eating cottage cheese and raspberries, and I put on the news. I remember calling my mom, and she was hysterical. I went to one class that morning, and then I met up with a friend and hung out at their apartment for the rest of the day.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: 9/11

• Options
    **O-Face****O-Face** member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I watched it on the news in my dorm room.  Went to class, class was canceled.  Went back to the dorm, it was evacuated due to a bomb threat.  Of course I had no clue, and wandered out after 10 minutes alone.  Duh.
  • Options
    MizBiscuitMizBiscuit member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Driving a Uhaul to DH's house so we could move in together. At first we thought Howard Stern was playing a joke but after the second plane hit we realized it was no joke. It took us all day to move because we kept stopping to watch the news and try to call my BFF, whose father worked in the building next to the Trade Center and whose brother worked in the Pentagon.
    "Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: "What! You too? I thought I was the only one." ~C.S. Lewis
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Home. Mom woke me up and I watched the 2nd plane crash. Then I went to work. Then I went to ex H's house and he declared it an inside job. that was such a weird day. NOBODY was on the road.
  • Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had just taken out the trash.  Then I found out my mom was in the city and lost it to.  I had to supervise 3p-11p that night.  It was the most surreal night ever. 
  • Options
    **O-Face****O-Face** member
    edited December 2011
    My roommates and I went to a vball game that night, the gas was outrageously expensive and I popped a banana on the ground.  That's all I remember.
  • Options
    hmonkeyhmonkey member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i was driving into work in chicago.  dh and all our friends lived out here in dc, working on capitol hill.  all my business contacts were in ny, mostly midtown manhattan. worst day ever.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Work. I was 3 hours behind everything. In my 2 minute drive to work i heard something on the radio but didn't know anything had happened until 8:00am PST.
  • Options
    ValentynaValentyna member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I woke up in the still-dark-early and checked my AOL and it was reporting the first plane strike. Wasband/then-husband wandered past the den (where I was living by then) and I said something to him and he doubled back and turn on the TV - just in time to watch the second plane hit. We argued about taking the children to school. He won, but I sat outside almost the entire time waiting to take them back home with me. Later that evening I had to go to a class and drove past Sky Harbor at rush hour - only there was no rush. The road, the sky, all eerily quiet. Only huge black Suburbans with deeply tinted windows drove past, making their way to the airport.
  • Options
    LnR70707LnR70707 member
    edited December 2011
    My senior year in college.  I stopped by a friend's room on the way to breakfast.  At first I thought they were watching a movie, until the first tower started to fall.  I remember just wanting to go home, but VA to DE wasn't a route that seemed wise to take.
    br>imageimage
    IF/Baby Blog
    2 years, 2 surgeries, 2 clomid fails, 2 IUIs, 1 loss, IVF #1 - 10/25/10 = BFP!
    TTC #2 - 6/12 surgery #3, FET #1 & 1.2 = BFN, 12/2012 FET #2 = BFP!
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

I can't wait for the "im getting a divorce" post in 5 years or so because your husbands were fed up with your disgusting chair asses from playing on the knot all day and getting fired 4-5 times for not doing any work. you guys are all winners!! ~ Laur929
  • Options
    *Candi**Candi* member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was in english class, 11th grade. It was awful. The teacher's daughter was at the pentagon that day. Or was supposed to be, can't remember.
  • Options
    fishgirl77fishgirl77 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was in grad school and was finishing up breakfast and coffee.  I never watched those morning shows, but started flipping around and hit GMA after the first plane strike.  The second plane stuck while I was cleaning up.I was a very surreal day because my part of campus had basically no TVs and every news website was down.  My parents were on vacation and couldn't get through to us because the cell phone lines were so clogged.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I took my 7th grade Reading class to check out books from the library, and they had on the tv. We watched in shock, and I kept trying to call my cousin that was at NYU at the time. I could never get through.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I was riding the school bus and the bus driver had the radio on. When I got to school I used my donut money to call my Dad on the payphone to tell him to turn on the news.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards